Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drones and aerial photography

Re: Drones and aerial photography

You may take much better video footage in beginner mode have heard drones can be jerky on the camera in sport mode

If i get this Spark working its likely to stay in beginner mode i like all the safety features

Ausfish Platinum Member

They certainl yfly faster when you take the handbrake off. I've started making adjustments to controller sensitivity for a more " cimematic" look, going on youtube recommendations from pro outfits--one channel called the Drone Film Guide, run by a Scot, is very useful. The problem with beginner mode is that you can't get more than 30 metres away, more than a bit limiting. Going for a run today to get it to follow us in a golf cart.

Ahh i never knew they were limited on distance in beginner mode bugger, Seen a picture today of a guy taking his family to a beach he sent up his drone while the kids were playing in the water and spotted a shark about 3.5 4 meters heading towards his kids about 20 meters off bloody scary shit really

can't post the pic due to copy wright rules on the DJI group on FB

Done a long video on youtube last night about mod'ing the Spark battery but had problems with the solders holding onto the PCB board finally got it all sorted off video than the solder on the PCB came lose and shorted a cell had to take the battery pack out the back to cool down in case it went off like afire cracker, Basically my battery mod should add 30mins flight times per battery stock battery flight time is 14 to 15mins

JayCar have really poor products

Hey arent the Montebellos a nuclear hotbsite and u shouldn't go there (queenslander so dont really know)

Ausfish Platinum Member

Nah, not an issue any more. Guidelines are that you shouldn't spend more than an hour ashore in the red zone, which is actually quite small, about 2 nm in diameter, and actually mostly water. East end of Alpha island and north end of Trimouille. Don't souvenir metal bits, don't dig, don't camp ashore. A very small part of the whole area. Cetainly hasn't hurt the fish life, long term.

i have a mavic pro
    tripod mode is the best way when maneuvering in tight places as all movement is super slow

i just got it back from repair after a hawk or kite attacked it and ripped the front camera off while take photos of a neighbours new house build for him

Ausfish Platinum Member

Haven't tried that yet. Done the Dronie, the Helix, Activ Track, Follow Me, adjusted the yaw and gimbal movements to recommendations to smooth them out. Got very brave yesterday afternoon, wind went off, beautiful weather, no-one around at a car park overlooking the ocean. Went out to 600+ metres away, up to the 120 max, navigated by POV from the camera only. EV set at -1.0, perfect exposure. I shoot in 4K, and found I just couldn't do anything to improve the pic in PP ( Premiere Elements), so just exported it as shot.
    I've managed to keep it away from the wedgetails so far, they kill a lot of drones over here in WA.

i find and its recommended to have a spotter with you when going further out to help keep in contact with it
    and if going out of visual site of the drone you have to be licensed anyway

the tripod mode just helps do those fine adjustments when trying to line up the photo

Hey Gazza, How did you go with your Spark battery mods?

Moe i put it away but got back on it last night i tried another method and there was powering it by the small terminal on the 3rd terminal on the front of the PCB board but i have no idea how that tiny pin head terminal can sustain up to 15amps u need to use really thin gauge wire because the tiny terminal is so small there are other ones next to the main power one and if using heavier wire it will like solder to or jump the terminals

I'm getting power but since the DJI SPark uses a "Smart Battery" its not as simple as just wiring up the battery as the original button on the back of the battery also binds the controller to the drone, My Spark lights up the ESC lights up and orange mother board light comes on and also the fan powers up and it beeps but than everything shuts down i am thinking i have have been ripped on my batteries and they may be "protected cells" rather than what i needed "unprotected cells" and the protection within the battery cell is cutting off the power under load as that is one of the fail safe modes of a protected cell lithium ion battery if this is the case its the shittest go by the Ebay dealer because i have been running around in circles wonder WOFE it wont power up it was doing my head in

but for now i think i need to head to the hospital so likely no work done on it tonight have been having dizzy spells for 18 months seen local GP at lease 7 times about it he last said he wont send me for scan and said if it was serious i would be dead by now also had heart palpitation for 12 months

so will see really want to work on the boat but rain has been putting it off

Tried tonight spliced my Spark drone battery wires onto my car battery (under 13.05volts DC) the Spark turned on and beeped lights and fan came on but it shut off again

Think i need a genuine battery with all its technical bs and update the battery to the latest firmware

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post

but for now i think i need to head to the hospital so likely no work done on it tonight have been having dizzy spells for 18 months seen local GP at lease 7 times about it he last said he wont send me for scan and said if it was serious i would be dead by now also had heart palpitation for 12 months
    If I were you I would get a different Doc. Heart palpitations can cause TIA and strokes, a GP should be able to give you a referral for an MRI of your brain and if they find something wrong then that Doc can organize a referral to a Neurologist, which may also take up to 6 months, but you can shop around for GP Docs if you aren't happy with the one you have, I certainly would.

Or go to the hospital and tell them your having heart palpitations and dizziness and see what they do.

Ed i went into emergency on monday night the nurse kept asking why i was even there i explained the heart palipitations and dizzyness she goes your GP can help u i said i have seen him 7 times for this and he wont send me for scans her reply was "you dont really want scans done its to much radiation" she asked me to take a seat in the waiting room meaning they were going to give me a bed and do testing the recepionist said to the nurse "are u making him take a seat for heart palipitations" i have been to hospital 3 times in my whole life they make u feel so small and insinificant i just walked out and went home

Clearly I would report that nurse to the Hospital Registrar as she hasn't got a clue, MRI are magnetic not nuclear/X'Ray radiation and there is a priority for patients with heart issues, and I suspect more so when it coincides with brain issues, a bit of "radiation" is better than a pine box in your size. That is probably why the receptionist queried the nurse. Just which hospital did you go to?

I would be ringing the hospital and asking to speak to the Registrar or the Doctor in charge of Admissions/ED and explain to him what is going on. I wouldn't be walking out, I would wait until seen by a doctor even if it takes several hours. Next time you go there explain the palpitations, the head dizziness and "that little bit of intermittent pain that has developed" that is in your heart area! and also explain that you have been there before and they did nothing. If it was me and I was concerned enough to go to hospital then I would not take no for an answer, and also write down the nurses name on a piece of paper if she fobs you off and in front of her so she can see it. (for reference).

I usually am not one to give nurses or ED staff a hard time but I would be doubting that nurses competency, if you have that sort of issue then they should take you more seriously. The majority of nurses are brilliant and others ... well they shouldn't be a nurse.