Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Etec G2

Etec G2

Has anyone got a 150-200 hp Etec G2 (small block)...and if so whats the verdict..?

Re: Etec G2

If u snag one at the boat show with 10 years warranty that would be a good deal i have heard of dealers holding customers engines for a couple months untill boats are ready

A mate who doesn't frequent these parts so much any more has fitted a 200 to his Victory. Fuel numbers are outstanding - 4 POB he has managed to extract better than 2km/l at times on family days. Speed is on par with my 200HO. If you do get one, my recommendation is to go with the version that doesn't have the inbuilt power steering. It is lighter by a considerable margin, doesn't have the additional set back and eliminates the system that seems to have been the major bugbear of the G2's. On another note, word is circulating on a new 3 cylinder version.

Yeah they seem like an amazing bit of gear Scott...and that 10 years of warranty ...and yeah I wasn't even considering the inbuilt steering...

What hull is your HO on ..?.....and whats your WOT speed...?...also what are you paying for oil down there mate...?..can you buy it in bulk...?..no doubt the 200 will use a bit more than my current 90.. ..?

cheers Scott

My HO is a G1 on a Victory as well. My mate that fitted the G2 used to run a Gen 1 250 which gave the boat more top end but with the G2 it's a lot more drivable. Another Victory owner in our circle fitted a 200HO G2 a bit over a year ago - also a very happy camper but the bigger engine burns more fuel - still considerably less than the G1 though. WOT speed on mine depending on which prop I am running has gone as high as 85kmph/45 Knots but is typically about 77kmph / 41 knots due to a foil and trim tabs. The hull with the small block G2 from memory is achieving 82kmph / 44knots but would go quicker with a prop change going by my results.

No other ausfisher has one of these fantastic motors..?

It sure seems like us ETEC owners are the black sheeps of the flock..

Anyway Scott I don't know how those figure will compare with a hull weight of 1300 kg bare and 24 degree deadrise..Is the victory around 1000kgs or so..?..

The fuel figures seem amazing for the G2 so the speed and power is just a bonus..

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gen1 130Hp owner looking to upgrade shortly to the gen2 150HO. Have only heard good things in the states from people who actually run them not the usual Etec knockers who believe that they are still built using the ficht technology 😂
    I think Etec owners are probably over the usual negativity so don’t bother posting.
    I’m sure what I just wrote will bring them out (the knockers)😂

The g2 starts at 150 minimum doesn’t it ?
    Just going off posts here the interest and discussion in smaller capacity outboards seems greater

Hence why your not getting the responses your expecting

Tbh the amount of people I know with larger offshore boats has steadily diminished over the years to just a couple
    Everyone’s downsized to smaller rigs as kids and smaller house blocks have become a thing

You just live in the wrong part of the world Steve. Trailer boats have been steadily increasing in size in SE Qld for the last 10 years. The number of 6 to 8 metre boats you pass on a good weekend Friday is enough to give anyone fish envy (unless they are towing them). Word on the street is the I3 G2 is coming later this year.

Sorry Scottar, whats coming?
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Sorry Scottar, whats coming?
    The gossip is 115/130/150 3 cylinders with one a HO.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    You just live in the wrong part of the world Steve. Trailer boats have been steadily increasing in size in SE Qld for the last 10 years. The number of 6 to 8 metre boats you pass on a good weekend Friday is enough to give anyone fish envy (unless they are towing them). Word on the street is the I3 G2 is coming later this year.
    Was shocked the amount of massive plate boats at the ramp a few weeks back that only seem to come out in perfect weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

fair enough all depends on what ramps and boating type you do

but as a percentage of sales i doubt any one would know

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    The gossip is 115/130/150 3 cylinders with one a HO.
    Wow 150hp 3 cylinder!! if Evinrude pull this off they will sell crap loads of these, i wonder what the bore and stroke would be like they must be huge pistons

can u imagine the light weight?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Wow 150hp 3 cylinder!! if Evinrude pull this off they will sell crap loads of these, i wonder what the bore and stroke would be like they must be huge pistons

can u imagine the light weight?
    logically , it doesnt make any sense. the G2 will filter down to small capacity motors. 3 cylinder 150 hp? in your dreams, lol. They are not in the business of robbing sales from them selves. Its speculation based on what? somebody's wish list? We already have G1 and G2 at 150hp, they are rational business people, they will move on down the power line in their R&D, not reinvent a great product.
    so hold on to your what ever.......