Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I reckon it just gives MK an out if a motor burns out..its just so easy its happened from the higher voltage of the LiFePO4 batteries..game over..

mate they know that as LiFePO4 batteries become more affordable that everyone will be changing to them...Mk will be left in the dust if they dont get their act together...

What are your concerns about people building batteries..?

I was always going to buy relatively cheap batteries so did a bit of research on what i was getting myself into..I wasnt going to pay 4-5K ..

What scared me a bit was what might lie inside the sealed case with a generic sticker on the side...

This link gives a bit of an idea of why those cheap batteries are indeed so cheap....but then how can you tell which ones might be decent...?

https://www.lithiumbatterypower.com/...ithium-battery

So my reasoning for building the battery( "building" really overstates the complexity of it I think) was that at least i control the quality of the components used

By components I mean the cells themselves, the connectors, housing and battery monitor.....that along with the balancing or equalizing the cells before "building" and taking some good advice form a proper technician rather then a salesman..i honestly cant see a drama..

But i guess time will tell if I made the right call..I'm prepared to live with it f I didnt and at least i have learn a bit on the way....

Any thoughts on potential issues..?

Attachment 122781

and on a side note for ol mate Blacklab..cause I know you have a hard on for me...I'll reserve the right If i want to block some braindead bogans or an obsessive homo stalker freak on here (just 1 )and Facebook (quite a few) then I will...I really don't get why you just cant let me go even though I've blocked you everywhere and don't give a toss about your opinion or you.....I got some messages that you are still prattling on about me on FB yesterday..get over me son and move on FFS, you freaky old goat..
    If you know what you are doing ...... all good

But if you don't understand it ..... balancing / monitors etc - problematic .

& yes - some of the crap that i've seen from cheap ( still expensive) is a concern ( light gauge wire - bordering on telephone wire) ...... that's why I stuck with the known reputable companies .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    If you know what you are doing ...... all good

But if you don't understand it ..... balancing / monitors etc - problematic .

& yes - some of the crap that i've seen from cheap ( still expensive) is a concern ( light gauge wire - bordering on telephone wire) ...... that's why I stuck with the known reputable companies .

Chris
    Yeah i still dont pretend to understand it all, Chris ..and having someone at the start to give their time to help in that department was essential...

Its amazing how difficult it is to find good info still....particularly regarding 36v systems..

I blocked this crazy freak (Colin Milne(Blacklab) months ago on FB ...wanted nothing at all to do with him...yet got this sent from a mate last night ...

Its one flew over the cuckoo nest stuff...there is a screw or too loose for sure...

Look at the times on the edits ...he obviously spent all afternoon and evening jerking off to me....Not half obsessed is he...

Anybody else got there very own internet stalker....?...any tips..?..will he stop if i send him some nudes..?

Also if someone has the number for a good shrink please please send it to this sad old man...

Please Colin I have asked both you and Gaz to stop derailing my posts on Ausfish .when you add nothing at all constructive...its a fishing forum, man..i have absolutely no interest in you or your personal crap or what you think of me...FFS just grow up and give it a miss...

crazy colin 2.png

crazy colin.jpg

pppppppppppppppppp

99999999999999l

I blocked this crazy freak (Colin Milne(Blacklab) months ago on FB ...wanted nothing at all to do with him...yet got this sent from a mate last night ...

Its one flew over the cuckoo nest stuff...there is a screw or too loose for sure...

Look at the times on the edits ...he obviously spent all afternoon and evening jerking off to me....Not half obsessed is he...

Anybody else got there very own internet stalker....?...any tips..?..will he stop if i send him some nudes..?

Also if someone has the number for a good shrink please please send it to this sad old man...

Please Colin I have asked both you and Gaz to stop derailing my posts on Ausfish .when you add nothing at all constructive...its a fishing forum, man..i have absolutely no interest in you or your personal crap or what you think of me...FFS just grow up and give it a miss...

crazy colin 2.png

crazy colin.jpg
    How on earth did i derail your thread? You lost me on that one

ppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    How on earth did i derail your thread? You lost me on that one
    Read the topic of the thread Gaz...if you have something to contribute about your experience with electric motors and Lithium batteries by all means add it....if you would like to discuss lead acid battery burns on capsized craft why dont you start a thread on it or put in on one of your 50 other rambling days of our lives threads...?.

Oh god , more posts from the weirdo stalker freak....dont you get it you dumb obsessive f@ck.?....i dont give a flying f@ck what you got to say.....I really really just dont care...whats so hard to understand about that..?..just move on without me please.......

So much for a thread on Lithium batteries and trolling motors huh...

Read the topic of the thread Gaz...if you have something to contribute about your experience with electric motors and Lithium batteries by all means add it....if you would like to discuss lead acid battery burns on capsized craft why dont you start a thread on it or put in on one of your 50 other rambling days of our lives threads...?.

Oh god , more posts from the weirdo stalker freak....dont you get it you dumb obsessive f@ck.?....i dont give a flying f@ck what you got to say.....I really really just dont care...whats so hard to understand about that..?..just move on without me please.......

So much for a thread on Lithium batteries and trolling motors huh...
    I feel your pain , I’m heading north again in March only been home 3 weeks and I’m over it already . Don’t let the freaks and sudo experts get to you , just ignore them
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Something a little bit closer to the topic. One maybe the sparkies like Scott can answer.

If you have a 36v trolling motor and are using 3x12x batteries in series to make the 36v in your house bank. Can a single one of those batteries be hooked up to for the rest of your 12v equipment like sounders, radios, lights etc?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

ppppppppppppppppp

ppppppppppppp

Sorry for another off topic post but I have to ask @blacklab @disorderly @gazza2006au @bluefin59 do you hang around enough of the same parts of the internet so much that your "moon times" have all synchronized?

I'm not innocent of shit posting here but #### me you all need to let it drop. The Gazwars will be the final straw in the life of Ausfish.

Cheers Matt