Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 138

Thread: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

  1. #106

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    I have something to ad to the original topic, having experience With watersnake and mk using lithium, some good and bad, just canít be arsed because someone decides to use this forum to champion the cause of a known f***wit, bro thereís woke forumís out there that will accommodate you.

  2. #107

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Dis off topic.. but no one wanted to see you fail with your build/import some guys knew what u were getting before that hull was built you your self later confirmed the shit work done by the chinese with the hull bending and the builder leaving out bulkheads etc.. i dont think anyone rear ended u for it and no one said i told you so all there were a bunch of blokes in disbelief that u got ripped off but you still didnt feel like u were sworded and everything panned out

    It was the way u attacked people in your replies as a respond to people telling not to build in china

    For me personally where it began what pissed me off was the original boat designer/builder is still building your boat in small numbers but you took your business to china for a cheap copy than when i had something to say about it u went bolistic and here we are today

  3. #108

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Getting waaaay off topic guys not a good look for this forum....

  4. #109

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Dis off topic.. but no one wanted to see you fail with your build/import some guys knew what u were getting before that hull was built you your self later confirmed the shit work done by the chinese with the hull bending and the builder leaving out bulkheads etc.. i dont think anyone rear ended u for it and no one said i told you so all there were a bunch of blokes in disbelief that u got ripped off but you still didnt feel like u were sworded and everything panned out

    It was the way u attacked people in your replies as a respond to people telling not to build in china

    For me personally where it began what pissed me off was the original boat designer/builder is still building your boat in small numbers but you took your business to china for a cheap copy than when i had something to say about it u went bolistic and here we are today
    F..K the off topic shite. I have no qualms with any of you but this bullying has been what has caused some young people to take their own lives and you think itís alright to to do it as an adult. I know one thing if it was your children copping this youíd be doing everything to stop it.

    I enjoy reading/learning from some things you both have to say but really leave it alone.

    Both need a chill pill, take three steps back and really have a good think about what you are doing here.

    And donít say itís his fault, just accept itís over and get on with life.


    Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

  5. #110

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Take it elsewhere boys - it's not needed here ....... All cool to have a robust debate but don't make it personal & get back to battery / leccy talk .

    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

  6. #111

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Seems to me the only actual fishing Gaz does is here on Gazfish..he sure knows how to reel in the big ones though...

    This meme is from Gazza's facebook page...It says a whole lot about his character doesnt it..?


    Attachment 122774
    Shakey, you've hit the nail on the head bud.
    This will be my last post here, but I don't mind putting this out there.
    I don't, unlike what most think, champion Gazza or tey to protect him from the ribbing he sometimes gets here, he deserves some of it and most of you play fair.
    But, the above post and Blue fins personal dig about him being on government welfare, is where I boil.

    Any gutter troll, that would take the time, to search the internet, and post and copy it here and have a crack at ones character, needs to be sensored.

    I work, off hours, in the dissability field, my wife is full time, we have a huge amount of suicide actually in the dissability sector, it is hoorific.
    My wife and I are sinatories, for a high functioning, severley mentally dissabled young fella, he's high functioning, so he can be put out there, in jobs, with government assistance.
    Large construction companies or even Mcdonalds will employ these battlers and try and integrate them into society, some are down syndrome, some have skitzephrenic issues, and even thru to asbergers , a whole variety of dissorders. The guy we are signatories for, doesn't have family, he has had 3 suicide attempts in the last 4-5 years and believe it or not, the reasons for his suicide attempts, are all from able bodied Gutter trolls that actually work where he was placed in work experience. Yep, able bodied, grown up blokes, that decided that this guy was an easy target and then went on and tourmented him, to the extent that he tried to take his life on numerous occasions. One guy was actually taken to court and credit to the road company he was sacked and eventually criminally charged.
    Now you might understand, my complete intolerance to any behaviour like above.
    I ask you, what sort of gutter trash, gets a kick out of tormenting someone less fortunate. ?
    which is very similar, to what occurred above, most of you here, let it gloss over and just went, oh well, it's only Gazza on the receiving end, no issues there, dissorderly and bluefin are top blokes.

    Generally, when people are called out on it, they go in defense mode, try to justify it, hence dissorderly turning it around and saying he just wants to be left alone, and those that are challenging him are stalking him, "I'm being picked on here" "poor me"......
    And yet again, the bloke, unprovoked, started this all, with the above post, His partner in crime, has gone quiet, another low life, yes you Blue fin, 62 years old, you should no better.
    I'm not saying Gazza is in the situation, where he could take this and try and top himself, this isn't about him, it's about grown men, acting like absolute F@@@ wits, going to gutter levels as dissorderly did above ( and also in the past) actually trolling someone on F/B and bringing it over here to belittle someone,, To go to the extent he did and the effort involved in doing so, makes my blood boil like you wouldn't believe, this is how what you talked about Shakey, it all starts.
    ITS NOT OK TO DO THIS SORT OF SHITE...

    Some of you blokes here, need to take a good hard long look at yourselves, for even allowing this to happen and continue to happen here and put away the "mates" code and call this out for what it is, a disgusting bully boy act, from a gutter troll.

    This is my last post on this, I've sent a message thru to Phil, explaining my view on this, whether the "mates" club prevails and I get the boot from here, so be it. I'm not vendictaive, I'm not after sanctions or retribution for this, I plain and simply want this sort of personal crap to stop. You can sweep it under the carpet guys if you choose, head in the sand or have a chuckle at it, cause it's only Gazza on the receiving end, right ???.... WRONG, it's not all right to ever bully, yet alone anyone with a disability....

    Again, for all those messaging me and saying you've had a similar experience, but don't want to rock the boat, STOP, have your say here, maybe then, those that find it funny, might realise that getting a few laughs from my mates, is not worth someone doing damage to themselves....

    This forum is a great place, I've meet some really interesting blokes here, had some great help from members, which is what it's all suppose to be about.
    If you want it to survive and get back to the so called good days, as many have mentioned,, then do something about it and stop the bullshit, then do something about it !!!...

    For your reference, I tracked down the above MEME, Aussie trailer boat page, it was a tongue and cheek banter between Gazza and a few guys, what a disgusting prick you are Scott Cains..

    Thanks guys, I've enjoyed the ride, good luck with your forum page..

    Col
    WOOF WOOF
    .......

  7. #112

    Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Sorry Iím going fishing
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......


  8. #113

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Why don't you bloke's just shut the f@@k up i was interested in this topic but your bullying has pissed me off. Why can't you send each other a PM so we don't have to put up with your chest beating.

  9. #114

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Jesus...I just had a look at this thread for the first time, it's turned out nice hasn't it? I saw the weather report and there was no mention of a shit storm! It's time to put it all to bed, apologise if you think you have done wrong, accept it if you think you have been done wrong and just move on.

  10. #115

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Apologies if this post goes over old news in the above pages, I couldn't be bothered reading through the ##### measuring contest going on. I installed lithiums to run my 112lb MK September '19 after checking directly with Minn Kota at the boat show to ask if they will cover warranty if I do so. I was told definitely no problem with warranty but they advise against it. No issues for 6 mths then major malfunction of all electrics, motors, board, wiring. All due to 3 x 12v Lithiums in series producing 41V and too high a current draw for too prolonged a period. BLA repaired the MK under warranty without question. They did, however, say that after warranty period I'm on my own, fair enough. I have been running it since with the same setup without a problem. I was told by their service people to keep the power meter on the remote under 7 and I 'should' be OK, also to assist the self deploy manually to reduce load and to trim up before hitting stow.I have asked many companies, electronic gurus and anyone I thought may have a solution to this issue with no success. I also asked how lots of USA boats are using lithiums without damaging their motors and the reply was "they're damaging their motors". I rarely troll with it, mainly used for spot lock but now I'm just careful what conditions I use it, if too much current or wind it's back to anchoring but lets face it if your MK needs to be pulling 9 or 10 it's probably out of control for anchor fishing anyway.

  11. #116

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    Apologies if this post goes over old news in the above pages, I couldn't be bothered reading through the ##### measuring contest going on. I installed lithiums to run my 112lb MK September '19 after checking directly with Minn Kota at the boat show to ask if they will cover warranty if I do so. I was told definitely no problem with warranty but they advise against it. No issues for 6 mths then major malfunction of all electrics, motors, board, wiring. All due to 3 x 12v Lithiums in series producing 41V and too high a current draw for too prolonged a period. BLA repaired the MK under warranty without question. They did, however, say that after warranty period I'm on my own, fair enough. I have been running it since with the same setup without a problem. I was told by their service people to keep the power meter on the remote under 7 and I 'should' be OK, also to assist the self deploy manually to reduce load and to trim up before hitting stow.I have asked many companies, electronic gurus and anyone I thought may have a solution to this issue with no success. I also asked how lots of USA boats are using lithiums without damaging their motors and the reply was "they're damaging their motors". I rarely troll with it, mainly used for spot lock but now I'm just careful what conditions I use it, if too much current or wind it's back to anchoring but lets face it if your MK needs to be pulling 9 or 10 it's probably out of control for anchor fishing anyway.
    In some respects it's like having a dog and barking too with the operation of the unit. I almost pulled the pin on a trolling motor but really wanted the auto stow/deploy but couldn't justify the price tag with all of the complaints. Then looked at the MG and they had problems too. They are a lot of coin and to be f%^*&^ around taking it back to be repaired all the time. Hope someone can make a reliable unit in the near future, till then i'll stick with the pick. Hope yours keeps on keeping on forya. Cheers

  12. #117

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Interesting. When I was getting new battery for car the other day I asked the battery bloke what he thought of Lithium Batteries for the marine world. He replied, they will be good, but not at the moment. I asked what he meant and he said, very bloody expensive, and in his opinion the technology is not quite their yet. His opinion and his words.

    Donít think Iím knocking them, Iím not, but I was interested in a battery professionals opinion.

    Fishtragic lucky they honoured the warranty. It really looks like the lithium setup just produces to much power constantly.


    Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

  13. #118
    Ausfish Addict disorderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Jungle
    Thread Starter

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    Apologies if this post goes over old news in the above pages, I couldn't be bothered reading through the ##### measuring contest going on. I installed lithiums to run my 112lb MK September '19 after checking directly with Minn Kota at the boat show to ask if they will cover warranty if I do so. I was told definitely no problem with warranty but they advise against it. No issues for 6 mths then major malfunction of all electrics, motors, board, wiring. All due to 3 x 12v Lithiums in series producing 41V and too high a current draw for too prolonged a period. BLA repaired the MK under warranty without question. They did, however, say that after warranty period I'm on my own, fair enough. I have been running it since with the same setup without a problem. I was told by their service people to keep the power meter on the remote under 7 and I 'should' be OK, also to assist the self deploy manually to reduce load and to trim up before hitting stow.I have asked many companies, electronic gurus and anyone I thought may have a solution to this issue with no success. I also asked how lots of USA boats are using lithiums without damaging their motors and the reply was "they're damaging their motors". I rarely troll with it, mainly used for spot lock but now I'm just careful what conditions I use it, if too much current or wind it's back to anchoring but lets face it if your MK needs to be pulling 9 or 10 it's probably out of control for anchor fishing anyway.
    Thankyou for getting it back on track..

    I think your experience/analysis hits the nail on the head..

    and the main issue seems to be that as you mention "too high a current draw for too prolonged a period"..and then when its working too hard its just all too much ...

    I guess we have to remember that its a bit like using a whippersnipper to hold a 2 tonne boat in place in current and wind ,often for hours at a time so we really are asking quite a lot of it...

    I also notice that people are putting the 36v motor on 7-8m boats now and you sometimes see 80lb 24v motors on a boat that could well do with a 36v motor...so they will be expected to work very hard at times..maybe too hard..

    That said though do you know if any of the brands are doing any development so their motor and circuitry can tolerate the higher voltage...I do hope so..

    Interestingly I see that with my 12v Travelbuddy oven/pie warmer that their is available a step up/step down voltage converter that can be used to make the oven run hotter....Surely if these things are available MK and MG could do something to solve the issue of regulating voltage to a sustainable level ......

    https://somervillemetalworks.com.au/...-up-converter/

    You also mentioned your wiring was damaged..did you have some meltage of plugs and cable as well as the unit itself...?

  14. #119
    Ausfish Addict disorderly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In the Jungle
    Thread Starter

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Interesting. When I was getting new battery for car the other day I asked the battery bloke what he thought of Lithium Batteries for the marine world. He replied, they will be good, but not at the moment. I asked what he meant and he said, very bloody expensive, and in his opinion the technology is not quite their yet. His opinion and his words.

    Donít think Iím knocking them, Iím not, but I was interested in a battery professionals opinion.

    Fishtragic lucky they honoured the warranty. It really looks like the lithium setup just produces to much power constantly.


    Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums
    Its a bit of a quandary Shakey..

    In the end my choice to use them was based mostly on weight..

    So with a Lead acid type battery that should only be drawn down to a max of 50% you need a battery twice the size of LiFePO4 ( mine state 2000 cycles at 100% depth of discharge)..

    100Ah
    LiFePO4 =12-13kgs
    200Ah Lead acid = 42-45 kg

    with a 36v system times that by 3 and you start to get the picture that i would be carrying an extra 90 kgs in the mid to front area of the boat every trip....its rather significant...carrying 130-145kgs of batteries for the trolling motor is just nuts...

    Your battery guy obviously knows a lot more then me but I havent heard of any issues to any other boat components or accessories caused by the higher voltage of LiFePO4 batteries other then Trolling motors...has anybody got any experience with issues here..?

    If you also carry the same thinking of 2 to 1 real usable capacity over from good quality Lead acid to lithium then by using Calbs cells or similar to "make your own" the actual "real cost" of storage is not a hell of a lot more...it is however if compared to something like an Enerdrive purpose built 36v battery which really is a lot of money....

    I hope I've explained that in an understandable manner...

    Also I wonder if its the Trolling motor technology that isnt up to speed with the LiFePO4 batteries rather then the other way around...just a theory and happy to be proven wrong if thats the case...

    which ever is the case there are definite issues there and as mentioned by fishtragic its us that will be paying for it once out of warranty...

  15. #120

    Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

    For me itís pushing the current tech envelope too much and thus have premature early failure after a sizable investment. Going the lead acid path adds around 200kg to a 6m boat which is a recipe for disaster

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us