Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1

    Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Looking to install a decking material in the old tub and tossing up between Sea Dek and a version of Aquadeck called Low Profile Walkeasy, the price difference is not not much but the main differences are:

    1. Sea Dek - 5 mm thick made out of PE/EVA and probably a bit softer on the feet
    2. Low Profile Walkeasy -3mm thick made out of 70% cork

    The original Aqua Dek is pretty tough on the feet, I tend to go barefooted all the time, as it has square shouldered dots whereas the LPW looks similar to Sea Dek with rounded dots. I'd prefer the lower profile but feel the cork compound will still be harder on the feet than Sea Dek but on the plus side the LPW sheet size is better suited to my layout.

    Has anyone put the Low Profile Walkeasy in their boat and have any feedback on it.

  2. #2

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Dignity, I have no experience with both products, but I am interested in which one you use and your and result.
    My boat is in re build mode, floor has just been flow coated grey, need to put something down.
    I've fully glassed in the tank, so no real obstructions in the way of fitting something. Was, or have been looking at the different types of rubber matting available, for ease of pulling up and cleaning after a " bloody" day out. Had carpet glued down before, didn't want to go back to that, cleaning it was a shocking job, I didn't really consider before the products you were mentioning, but, I suppose they would be a hell of a lot better for cleaning than carpet.
    So, interested in your final choice sir.......

    Col

  3. #3

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Probably not cheap but these guys do some flash stuff

    https://machineit.com.au/

    Personally I'm not a fan of the Aquadeck - way too hard for comfort. It is hard wearing though

  4. #4

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Dignity, I have no experience with both products, but I am interested in which one you use and your and result.
    My boat is in re build mode, floor has just been flow coated grey, need to put something down.
    I've fully glassed in the tank, so no real obstructions in the way of fitting something. Was, or have been looking at the different types of rubber matting available, for ease of pulling up and cleaning after a " bloody" day out. Had carpet glued down before, didn't want to go back to that, cleaning it was a shocking job, I didn't really consider before the products you were mentioning, but, I suppose they would be a hell of a lot better for cleaning than carpet.
    So, interested in your final choice sir.......

    Col
    Col, been the carpet way, hard to clean, if it gets wet it's uncomfortable when overnighting and talk about smell, takes a few days to go away. There is another product called Diamond Deck but it does seem to wear a bit in high traffic areas so discounted that. The Aquadeck also needs to be glued down but no big issue, it's the low profile like as I have a kill tank with a 2 piece lid so cant go to the very edge with anything. I thought the LPW would do but have since read the specs and it needs to be sealed with an acrylic sealer, not sure about going that way now. I am inclined to go the Sea Dek and route a profile into the edges to overcome the extra thickness.
    Sam

    Link to regupol site, it's nearly double the weight at 4kg per square metre which is why I discounted it originally.
    https://www.regupol.com.au/products/...-marine-range/
    Last edited by Dignity; 20-09-2018 at 09:12 AM. Reason: add link

  5. #5

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Probably not cheap but these guys do some flash stuff

    https://machineit.com.au/

    Personally I'm not a fan of the Aquadeck - way too hard for comfort. It is hard wearing though
    Scott, came across them when searching out decking, they use Sea Dek, if you want nice fancy patterns cut into it they will do it for you but I'm not fussed on any patterns. Another product I had originally discounted was Regupol, might revisit it though.

  6. #6
    Ausfish Bronze Member DATCOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    CABOOLTURE

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Dignity I have seen a plastic 5 Mm tube mating from Clark rubber it is built like a lattice with top tubes ruining across the bottom tubes so it is about 10Mm thick with about 10Mm spacing's between was soft & smooth to walk on but may get hard with age I have never used it only checked it out in store
    COL

  7. #7

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Quote Originally Posted by DATCOL View Post
    Dignity I have seen a plastic 5 Mm tube mating from Clark rubber it is built like a lattice with top tubes ruining across the bottom tubes so it is about 10Mm thick with about 10Mm spacing's between was soft & smooth to walk on but may get hard with age I have never used it only checked it out in store
    COL
    That would be bar mat and my boat came with it on the swim platform. Bloody great under foot and no way you can slip, you just roll it up for cleaning. It is about $100 a meter if its the same stuff Col. It hasn't gone hard and was living in the sun full time but the colour has faded.

  8. #8

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Quote Originally Posted by DATCOL View Post
    Dignity I have seen a plastic 5 Mm tube mating from Clark rubber it is built like a lattice with top tubes ruining across the bottom tubes so it is about 10Mm thick with about 10Mm spacing's between was soft & smooth to walk on but may get hard with age I have never used it only checked it out in store
    COL
    Col, I know the stuff, as Brett says its the old style bar mat. It feels soft at first but after a day on it your feet end up sore unless you are wearing some footwear, also it probably weighs more as well.

    sam

  9. #9

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Col, I know the stuff, as Brett says its the old style bar mat. It feels soft at first but after a day on it your feet end up sore unless you are wearing some footwear, also it probably weighs more as well.

    sam
    Sam it does weigh a fair bit. I would not use it for the main deck. I am been looking for what to use also Sam and I am just about decided that I will go back with carpet. There are many products out and you can certainly spend many dollars on some of them. I am not going to glue the carpet down thinking of using clips so I can remove if I feel the need.

  10. #10

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Hi Dignity, I think you said you were barefoot most of the time, that in it self would make the choice harder I suppose, I always have foot ware on so no issue there for me.
    I don't want to glue anything down, so that tube matting may well be good. I know there is another one, similar in style, but much more heavier duty with more a square profile, but its about 15mm in height. I do have one issue, the set up with my S/S rocket launcher, has me just clearing it while walking underneath, just the way my launcher is styled and how it fits. That standard tube stuff, I think the Down rigger shop guy imported heaps of it and sells it for half the price Clarke Rubber and the likes sell it for, he has a web site, The down rigger shop or something similar, I bought one of his aluminium down riggers a few years back, good product.
    I think I will probably go with that type of tube matting, sounds easy to roll up and remove and should be pretty slip proof and easy to fit, I believe they just wire tie it together as the widths are only 900 or 1200 or so.
    I like the look of some of those design type pattern ones, but might be a bit to flash for my fishing rig ......

    Col

  11. #11

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    The tube matting will burn your feet if you go bare feet I have it in my yalta and can't stand it. got wear shoes if fishing more than a couple hours.

    BigE

  12. #12

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    BigE,
    So, if your wearing shoes, how do you find the stuff ??
    I'd do my self an injury bare feet fishing, I'm a cluts !

    Col

  13. #13

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    it's easy to clean and drains well, but i hate fishing in shoes.

    BigE

  14. #14

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    it's easy to clean and drains well, but i hate fishing in shoes.

    BigE
    Thanks for feed back BigE..

    Col

  15. #15

    Re: Sea Deck or Aquadeck

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Col, I know the stuff, as Brett says its the old style bar mat. It feels soft at first but after a day on it your feet end up sore unless you are wearing some footwear, also it probably weighs more as well.

    sam
    Andy at the Downrigger shop is selling the tubular matting for near half the price that Clark Rubber sells it for. In various colours.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us