Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

It would be pretty rare for any decent manufacturer or fabrication shop to have a machine that does not have a 100% duty cycle.

Even smaller mig and tig machines are water cooled these days.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I have 3 tig welders (2 DC, 1 AC/DC) when u get up around the 200amp range in air cooled torches they get really hot when i was tig welding my spring hangers with the Unimig Razor ARC 180 i had that little machine full bore and that has a quality torch but it got so hot i almost burnt my self with it

i think anything over 200amps you'd use water cooled torch

i tried using my Unimig Razor 200amp mig to weld 8mm angle aluminium it couldn't do it just wasnt producing enough heat that torch got super duper hot

I uploading some more video of them welding if you want to see what they are using..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I uploading some more video of them welding if you want to see what they are using..
    MIG.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

From the reply's you are getting on your facebook page there seems to be a lot of concern about the cross bracing and I see their point.
    You have the long frames stern to bow but not many across ie spaced 300-400 apart going width ways. They may not have got that far with the build yet however I would ensure this is done.

EDIT on second viewing I really hope for your sake it was done before the floor was tacked down

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    From the reply's you are getting on your facebook page there seems to be a lot of concern about the cross bracing and I see their point.
    You have the long frames stern to bow but not many across ie spaced 300-400 apart going width ways. They may not have got that far with the build yet however I would ensure this is done.

EDIT on second viewing I really hope for your sake it was done before the floor was tacked down
    I have asked them why in the first photo's they sent there are about 9 transverse ribs over the length of the boat but in the latest vids I can only see 4 full width ribs...and what is to be the spacing between ribs ….still waiting on a response....but I am concerned because you would think the ribs would have been placed in by this stage....you can also see 3 main sections in the length of the hull with about a 1.2m or so span between transverse ribs/bulkheads at the moment....

If anyone has any underfloor pics of their plate boats it would be nice to compare...

Any idea why its being built from 5083 and not 6061 marine grade aluminium?

I am very far from a professional welder i can't weld for shit actually i can only tig but it looks like two people welding your boat one A grade welder who can run a nice seam and another D grade welder that is about as good as me those earlier welds are very inconsistent, gaps left behind than tack welded later on is not a way it should be done u run full length welds without stopping so once the alloy is heated up it continues with the penetration the stopping than starting and "patching it" after u complain is a really shit effort

i understand these guys would be using a industrial machine probably 3 phase if that's what they use in China high amperage welders so they can produce the goods i just donno why the main welder isnt welding the whole boat

Gday mate, here is a couple of underfloor pics of a Riptide.

Cheers
    LeeIMG_2012.jpgIMG_2127.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Any idea why its being built from 5083 and not 6061 marine grade aluminium?

I am very far from a professional welder i can't weld for shit actually i can only tig but it looks like two people welding your boat one A grade welder who can run a nice seam and another D grade welder that is about as good as me those earlier welds are very inconsistent, gaps left behind than tack welded later on is not a way it should be done u run full length welds without stopping so once the alloy is heated up it continues with the penetration the stopping than starting and "patching it" after u complain is a really shit effort

i understand these guys would be using a industrial machine probably 3 phase if that's what they use in China high amperage welders so they can produce the goods i just donno why the main welder isnt welding the whole boat
    I think it has to be 5052 as I'm getting a checkerplate/treadplate floor and if you look at the way the ribs are bent 90 degrees on top to fit the floor on ,I don't think it can be 5083...

As for the welding, I guess they give the apprentice the welding that you cant see once the floor goes on....isn't that how it works..?

Yeah thats probably how it works i think it still should be a structurally a sound boat because u are overlooking there progress

says in your first pics 5083 but i thought it would have been made from 6061

Be surprised if it’s not full 5083, that’s the basic standard I would assume!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Be surprised if it’s not full 5083, that’s the basic standard I would assume!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If there is one thing I have learnt throughout this process so far its that there is no basic standards and the industry as a whole is pretty much unregulated here in Australia as well as China..The only standard that seems to be enforced is what is written on the builders plate.

No alloy boat is made from 100% 5083. All the plate should be 5083, extrusions and tube will be other grades, normally in the 6000 series.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Quote Originally Posted by Any_Weather View Post
    Gday mate, here is a couple of underfloor pics of a Riptide.

Cheers
    LeeIMG_2012.jpgIMG_2127.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Thanks Lee ..what length is that hull...?