Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Most have them "checked" and I can assure you, it would be extremely rare to require adjustment, almost all dealers don't even check them.
    I paid for a pretty big job but even checking is expensive. They told me they were adjusted not just eyeballed. Both dealers are good operators too.

Cheere

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

Suzuki have two tools available to remove the shim with the cam in place don’t even have to loosen off the cam retainers
    That is a good 5mm or more of clearance how on earth isnt that valve hitting the piston? is that cylinder head even on a block?

Just to stray off a bit more, how the valve clearances (tappets to us older folk) are adjusted is no different to most modern cars, the reality is, they rarely need adjusting, hands up anyone who has had the tappets done in any car less than 15 years old! (or older for that matter)
    Yep. Honda CRV . About every 15k-20k . Adjust the tappets as they close up. Burnt 1 valve and cost $1500 to repair.

Most have them "checked" and I can assure you, it would be extremely rare to require adjustment, almost all dealers don't even check them.
    Yep and a few years ago there were a series of valve related failures on Suzukis and when HSM found which dealers serviced them, and checked and found that those dealers didnt have the special tool or the shim kit, they made those dealers eat the cost of the motor repairs themselves.

That quickly put an end to Suzuki dealers not doing the 200 hr valve check as required.

Checking clearances is quick. I watched my dealer do my Df115 and it took 15 - 20 minutes. None needed adjustment.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Interesting subject Noble international its a good lesson on how to steal a business ,first Nobel goes and sets up his new boat building shed in china show them how to build his boats and designs and then one day the shed is empty and over the road is Noble international a completely new a legal company and there goes your hard earned money and years of hard work.

Thats what I heard happened to the poor guy so id never buy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Interesting subject Noble international its a good lesson on how to steal a business ,first Nobel goes and sets up his new boat building shed in china show them how to build his boats and designs and then one day the shed is empty and over the road is Noble international a completely new a legal company and there goes your hard earned money and years of hard work.

Yep I heard the same thing. The nobles still own the rights to the hull design in Australia from what I heard from family friends. They could fight it but too expensive. They still build a few in their Clontarf shed. So sad that all of their hard work has gone overseas...too much greed and sold out.

A screw and locknut, now you're talking, I had lots of old Holden's and a Mini Cooper S and they were all like that, you set it with feeler gauges first, then start the motor and do it with the motor running, bugger of a job keeping the spanner on the nut and getting the screw driver in the slot with it bobbing up and down, then these new fangled hydraulic lifters came out, damn over head cams and cars with "black boxes" and EFI, time to toss the spanners away..........
    That’s How I did the adjustments on a 308, with the motor running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Hello Catshark,
    Back the subject of chinese quality.

Yes, of course I have Chinese electronics, there is no alternative.
    As for boats I do have options.
    We make oustanding manufacturers in OZ and should support them.

As for your chinese boat riding better than any other you have owned, could we have some details of your current boat and the other boats that you have owned so that a sensible comparison can be made.

As for chinese quality, I used to drive a chinese 4wd bus for work.
    It was poorly designed and built.
    The tyres were bad as was the suspension, steering, brakes, transmission engine, airconditioning, electrics and body work.
    It did have a very good steering wheel.
    It would overheat, he brakes would fade, the auxilliary brake would randomly turn itself on and off(not safe on steep hills), it would randomly go into limp mode.
    I finally refused to drive it, the amazing thing is that it would pass a QLD Trans inspection, what bus are your kids riding to school in?
    There were two buses in the fleet and the switch gear was differently installed on the dashboard.
    One day another driver mistakenly pressed the low range button at 80kph, I wish that I had been there to hear the prolonged grating and crunching. The transfer case was completely destroyed.
    I hated that bus and it frightened me.
    Chinese quality = oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post

That is really sad and i bet it was our economy that drove him out and into China

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    That is really sad and i bet it was our economy that drove him out and into China
    Or his personal pursuit of profit margin.

Not that there is anything wrong with profit it's just how one choses to achieve one's profit goal

Matt

Nice one crocodile....

You drove a Chinese 4wd so now you are an expert on everything Chinese...?

Are you related to Gazza by any chance...?

Here is a link to one of your "outstanding manufacturers in Oz" and it doesn't take much research to find others...

But crocodile who wants to let truth get in the way of uniformed bigotry anyway....?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/966932006698134/

I have worked on some brilliantly built Chinese manufactured vessels BUT they were not Chinese companies. If you leave the Chinese to their own devices, their typical modus operandi is to engineer a product to within an inch of it's life cost wise. Unfortunately at times this is going to mean a product is of a lesser quality. Some of their manufacturer's listen and learn quickly, some are moreintent on simply doing it their way and thus the product quality never improves. Hopefully they are the former rather than the latter. I don'tthink anyone suspect on Chinese built quality is talking out of school though - the track record is well and truly there.

As the importer you will need to essentially register as such to obtain the ABP and will then assume any legal ramifications as such down the track if the boat is sold and there is an issue (unless things have changed). From memory the cost was about $200 but that was a lot of years ago (my old employer imported a Senator from NZ prior to their being an agent). If you are importing a trailer at yhe same time their is also a permit rrquired for that that takes a minimum number of days to get (about 3 weeks from memory). If you need it but don't have it they will hold the boat and trailer at the wharf and charge storage.

Good luck with it. Bit of a gamble IMO but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Or his personal pursuit of profit margin.

Not that there is anything wrong with profit it's just how one choses to achieve one's profit goal

Matt
    Probably closer to the mark.

One thing most people aren’t aware of when importing boats is the Australian law and liability. The importer is in charge of fitting the Australian Builders plate. To be eligible to fit the plate the importer must have a legal entity in Australia (you can’t just fit the plate with the overseas builders name on it)

So when you import your own noble copy in, you the importer then becomes liable for that boat while it is in Australia, even when you sell it on. You are the one that needs to make sure that all the information on the builders plate is correct and will stand up in court. You also need to make sure that the standards AS1799 that Gospel claim to follow ARE actually in place.

This is not to be taken lightly, all the major Australian manufacturers spend hours and plenty of money making sure things are done correctly which adds cost to the builds. They also spend big $$ each year on product insurances.

Good luck with buying the new boat, but before you brag at how much you will save, just remember the liability hanging over your personal name for a product you did not build.

The link in the first post says that the boat comes with an 'Australia build plate'.