Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

final cabin.jpgwildsea1_LI.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Can't see photo mate. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ok, I have read and some of the replies are valid and some are contrive? Anyway before I go any further, I can say that I have no direct involvement with these boat builder/sellers/agents, nor an owner of one. All the boat I owned are built right here in SE Qld as it fits my work schedule. My opinion of the the Nobel super Vee (cooy) is that of a first hand experience in one of these boat, 6.8m model.

Pros
    * Built quality in many areas is similar or better than some of the big name here in SE Qld " reference to boat viewed at last year Brisbane boat show.
    * It is a solid product and very affordable.
    * The weldings are solid, and I couldnt find bog where u normally find them.
    * The paint finish is much superior than local paint finish.
    * For the $ you pay it is very good value.

Cons

* They also copy the Nobel problematic issues ie. deep Vees lean on it shoulder, water overflow kill tank when u got some weight = wet floor, and comes in the self draining hole at time, but can easily clear out with some cruising.
    * The roof is built like a tank and weight as much as one, think centre of gravity.
    * If you own one people who shell out on non chinese boat will always say they are inferior.

So in short, I would buy one if I didn't already have my boats, for the $ you save, as I don't earn alot and is neither made of money. It's a solid product and I dont buy into the "inferior chinese hype"
    I have first hand seen sheds or building in china, what ever u want to all it, big and long enough that u can see the curvature of the Earth!!!
    And the place is gear up to build one product and when it get to the pointy end, we just dont have the tech or people to compete with them.
    In China, numbers counts, and the maths doesn't change wherever you are in the world
    Humility is not a weather condition.

The Chinese can build excellent products if they choose to...unfortunately they often don't.

And being in Aus means you have virtually no control over the build.

Cheers

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I hope Disorderly is being "selective" with replies and doesn't have me on ignore for saying he shouldn't be getting a copy boat but these holes in just the back of the boat raise some concern hope someone can fill me in on what all these holes are for? i would have thought a brand new boat would have one or two holes for drains

thats a funny outboard on the back , same like those swamp air boats in lousianna , im after gaterrrrrrrs.

possibly added holes for bait tanks. i tell you what that double reverse chine all the way back is very nice l like very much. they are a nice beast of a boat, id have one for sure.

Holes in the corners will be drains for the deck - they are aft of the main "scupper" so the corners can drain and would also allow for draining if listing. The two holes in the oval you have drawn could be for transducer cables - they are above the two transducer mounting locations. The one on it's own out the side - flooded kill tank fill / drain possibly. I'm sure they are there for a reason.

Thanks Scott that clears it up, i didnt think of some of those ie kill tank drain

You also need holes for steering hoses and stuff like that, lots of boats have holes here and there that don't make sense untill "something" is fed through them during fitup.

Gazza..the hole on the bottom left would likely be for the Live bait tank and deckwash pumps...

Is it multi piece transom or are those lines felt pen
    ... looks like several sheets welded together but surely not.

Cheers

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I think the two vertical lines are texta to make sure the tie down.points are square and even but the top section looks welded doesnt it i wpuld imagine a transom on a plate boat to be one solid thick piece

They cant even make baby formula without poison in it. At the end of the day u pay a lot to have someones name and reputation associated with something. Id there was an aussie company operating out of there thpugh thats different. I think seawind make their boats in china.

[QUOTE=myusernam;1658130I think seawind make their boats in china.[/QUOTE]

The sailing cats?

From their website Vietnam.

Seawind Catamarans is Australia’s premiere designer of performance cruising sail catamarans, producing some of the world’s best designs that are sold all over the globe. With over 30 years experience manufacturing and designing multihulls, the company has grown from strength to strength since the company’s inception in 1982 when owner and Managing Director, Richard Ward, started building off the beach catamarans. As an experienced yachtsman who has competed in the Sydney to Hobart yacht race and cruised the world, Richard Ward has built the company up from grass roots but always with a philosophy of building safe and well performing sailing boats.
    In October 2010 Seawind acquired Corsair Marine, the world’s foremost trailer trimaran manufacturer who has built over 1,600 boats during their 25 year history. Having spent 20 years manufacturing in North America, Corsair Marine relocated their management and manufacturing facility to Vietnam. For over 6 years Corsair have been building high performance, light weight composite boats built from fibreglass and carbon, using the latest technology including resin infusion and vacuum bagging. Seawind have relocated the production of all three Seawind models to the Corsair factory, along with their own team of shipwrights, high skilled tradesmen and management to oversee the manufacturing and to also cooperatively develop the manufacturing techniques of Seawind and Corsair.

The Seawind Group now employ over 200 staff stretching over two continents with more than 20 agents internationally and exporting to all parts of the globe. With six production catamarans and five production models and the production capabilities, the Seawind Group are placed as the fourth largest multihull manufacturer in the world
    What could go wrong.......................

They build some good products in Taiwan, cant say vacuum onfusion is rocket sience i was watching a video just last night wet layup is 60/40 resin/cloth, vacuum infusion is 40/60 resin/cloth for less weight and maximum strength think i was watching a video on Coota Craft they still hand lay wonder why