Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Some of the Chinese TIG machines are pretty ordinary. Some are excellent. I have been very happy with my Trade Tools 200amp AC/DC pulse TIG with foot control for $800 odd. Big bugger. Been great with alloy welding.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Have owned 3 ac/dc tigs 1 new 2 second hand the best machine by far is my current one its from repco tig welds so smooth its so soft to arc the other machines were aggressive

When i first seen the welds Dis posted i thought professional welsing should look better than that and being china why arnt they using top of there range pulse migs

Gazza,

I reckon everything is made in China. So they have access to all those good welders we have. The only question is whether they take themselves seriously or not. Richard Zhang (on Facebook) seems to be a fairly upright sorta guy. The person I dealt with in communicating with Gospel boats was polite and friendly too.

The Chinese are a long way behind in customer service. They may also be unable to receive feedback for cultural reasons. (It might be considered a slap in the face) They also have zero interest in monitoring customer experience. There is so much more to a buying experience but I think the Yank mentality is over the top too. The idea of pampering the customer and providing a really smooth transaction isn't worth double the product value !!

They have a lot to learn and have been beaten down to being a goods provider only for a good number of decades. They are focused on getting something to you in a short amount of time for a little price. Wanting something very carefully built and customised is another level - certainly when they are the sole initiator of the transaction (when they have to do the spec sheet writing and the photos of the process and the advertising etc.) Suddenly having a good grasp of English is important !

Anyways we'll see how it turns out I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakka2301 View Post
    Gazza,

The only question is whether they take themselves seriously or not. Richard Zhang (on Facebook) seems to be a fairly upright sorta guy. The person I dealt with in communicating with Gospel boats was polite and friendly too.

The Chinese are a long way behind in customer service. They may also be unable to receive feedback for cultural reasons. (It might be considered a slap in the face)

They have a lot to learn and have been beaten down to being a goods provider only for a good number of decades.

Anyways we'll see how it turns out I guess.
    Yep some valid points there Smakka..

From my experience the Chinese way of business is very frustrating and annoying..

IMO putting so much emphasis on being polite and friendly to the other party stifles communication with westerners and ultimately results in not being able to get the best product built...

Its a very passive aggressive behaviour which undermines any chance of "straight talking" and getting the best result possible for fear of causing offence .....

Me, well I'm a no bullshit kinda person who likes to say it like it is but regardless of my level of frustration when I see obvious incompetence, lack of transparency and questionable honesty I have to moderate my attitude and choose my words wisely...if I said what I thought then I know that all lines of communication would fall apart..

The obvious but far from only example is that from the first set of photo's I was sent that are not even of my boat..when I have asked several times about them I got fobbed off until finally there was a mumbled response about "the boys in the workshop" sending photo's...

No apology of course ...and it shows a clear and concerning disconnect between the tertiary educated "sales staff" in front of house and the fabricators or "workshop boys" in the factories...this is also quite evident when you realise that the sales staff have very little knowledge about actual boats and fishing besides superficial sales blurb. …

Unless you are the type of person that's happy just to "go with the flow" and be satisfied with whatever you end up with at the end then I'd say you might find doing business with the Chinese difficult...

For me its been quite stressful with a few restless nights of sleep and a whole big learning experience that I cant wait to be over..

Yep we will see how it turns out ...in the end now all I want is to get a decent boat and go fishing....all the other crap will not be forgotten but will be put down as a learning experience..

Attachment 119676

Just a quick pic of the welding machines....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I didn't think you wanted a cabin?
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    I didn't think you wanted a cabin?
    I think pic supplied was to display welding machines, probably not Disorderly's boat in that photo.

Attachment 119678

Its supposed to be my boat...but the way things are going who would really know..
    Attached Images Attached Images

keep the updates coming, its a interesting process!

they will use what ever is cost effective for doing the job, a cheap welder wills till weld good welds.

also after spending 12 years buying timber and other landscape products through chinese owned companies (roughly 19million per year in purchases) operating throughout asia the above comments about culture differences rings very true
    they wont say no to you, they will just not respond if anything negative has to come from their end or they cant answer with a yes

you have to word the emails in a way to get a yes but no answer its hilariously frustrating
    in the end boots on the ground overseeing our operation was the only way for consistency in supply and quality control

I love there 3 year warranty i think the boat looks OK but your going thru an ordeal just to get it built

One of the coal sales guys for the company I worked with explained it like this!
    Japanese- your word is your honour
    Chinese- you know you are getting ripped off from the start
    Indians-after shaking hands on a deal count all your fingers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

can I ask how the warranty works? Do they have people on the ground in Australia to fix the problems..

Also correction

Japanese - they cant say no either and they will honour their word even if it sends them broke!
    Chinese - they will deliver a product but it wont be the product you requested... and you will need to send it to a local outfit to fix the mistakes (think QLD Rail example)
    Indians - they don't honour deals and agreements are worth nothing. We are currently in the International Court (10 years and going) for a A$100m+ claim after an Indian company breached contract and failed to take delivery of products...

I am interested in knowing what the final build fully fitted out costs and how much is saved in the long run..

the chinese business / manufacturing model is here to stay so we just have to get used to the control checks along the way to get what you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Smakka i wonder if the Chinese will invest in a Kemppi.. or prefer there weldrrs? Tried looking at the welders in the pics they are no name shitters unless i missed the Miller tags
    A good welder can make a piece of crap do good welds ( a good tradesman doesn’t blame his tools) I have been through plenty of cheap welders using them for just tacking up jobs then going through and welding them out with my big welders (Miller and Lincoln engine driven welders) but eventually I gave up on them for site work as I got sick off them dying and I only buy kempiis now for tacking
    If the Chinese are anything like the Koreans they will have good welders
    I used to subby in a workshop building drilling rig equipment and I would fab and tack and I had a Korean welding it out who could out weld everybody there he was that good on a tig the Tafe use to get him in to show the apprentices how to do it and he was pretty good on a stick and mig and I am talking about pressure work
    I think the problem with dealing with another country mainly comes down to communication because it’s pretty hard talking to them especially if you are going through a third party
    There was a good comment on a post the other day buy a boat builder on Facebook on the plate boats page regarding why it costs more here in Australia really comes down to the quality of life we all want to live
    Would we all like to earn half as much as we do so we can make everybody happy we all want money to buy things don’t we
    But anyway my next boat is going to be built here in oz and that’s my choice and i don’t have money to burn but I hate buying crap and I am proud to be Australian and I always try to buy local wherever we are working as long as they don’t try to rip me off stupidly
    And Gazza I am not having a go at you I just kept typing away my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Jas thing with our economy is we are paying good money or just about for inferior products now the Chinese are taking over everything lucky they are crap in the automotive industry as in cars ssangyong and the like would be good if the Japanese took over but i think that holds some stimgma from the war i know the diggers who faught and lost there lives would be saying something else but the Japanese make far superior products to the Chinese i can't say i have owned a lot of Korean products that i have noticed but the Japanese are almost at perfection the Chinese just fake anything that sells give these blokes a European welder to weld this blokes boat in pulse and it would have looked a f..... ton better

The aluminium quality is another factor i wanted to ask about we hear a lot of people say its not the best but what about weight of aluminium here Vs there will Disorderly have a boat that floats correctly?