Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

http://www8.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/v.../2010/544.html

I have not looked to see if there was any appeal.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

IMO, without prejudice.
    you get what you pay for, and I hope it all goes well for Disorderly, and there's not much this world that's made that doesn't come from China. People only sell or get stuff made in China cause its cheap and nasty, and the so they can cash up even more, even a repeatable tackle store steels reputable tackle from others and gets it copied in China, So I've heard, so really, too bad so sad if you get ran over

And in saying that, I own a 2004 Haines 600RF, and to replace that with todays equivalent, well imo they look cheap and light, no way near as solid or the quality of build of my 04 model, and if I was to buy a plate boat, the Razorline looks to be the beez kneez for me. I'm sure one day a builder in AU will actually build a boat with room for fishing, all I see is room for two to fish and a heap un usable cabin space up front, and some of the heights of the gunnels, well, you might as well be in a kayak. Its just a shame the quality of products has dropped to virtually throw away items, and theres a lot of boats out there in this category.

Good Luck happy fishing everyone.

For those that may be interested I have uploaded some video's of the transom and underfloor of my boat being built...

Link is in the first post on page 1..

and if you "follow" the blog you should get notified when I upload the photo's and video that Gospel send me...

Is that finished or half way done? Are they leaving those seems unwelded? Some of those welds go righ up and slightly pass the holes other welds start just before the holes i donno maybe this is regular practice?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Is that finished or half way done? Are they leaving those seems unwelded? Some of those welds go righ up and slightly pass the holes other welds start just before the holes i donno maybe this is regular practice?
    A work in progress..the salesguy just took some video while he was down on the factory floor...one thing they are really good at is keeping a very clean and organised workspace......unlike myself, who, when fabricating has crap lying around everywhere...

Yeah aluminium needs to be really clean before welding or it gets all kinds of impurities in the weld

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    There are very little orginal designs left, especially in carby 2 stroke. But I understood that Parsun was one of the more legit Chinese manufacturers. There was a fellow on this board a while back who was an importer of the Parsun brand. Personally I would not buy a Parsun but that's not to say they are a blatant rip off (though like I say if they are reverse engineering or copying older carb 2 strokes...who cares).

Disorderly good luck. Keen to see how it all goes. I hope it goes well. The only thing I am aware of on this site about the Chinese built noble is in relation to the lengthy thread a while back where a member here got stung with lack of gusseting (from memory) in the transom area that caused issues. I suppose you could ask the manufacturer to shoot you some photos or video of the inside sealed off areas as welded before they weld the floor in? That way you can see the quality of their TIG or MIG work and also ensure there is enough structural integrity to keep you satisfied that the boat is sound.

With appropriate quality control there is no reason at all why the Chinese boat builders cant do a fantastic job. If they can build (as I have experienced) 200 amp pulse TIG welding machines that retailers here can sell for $800 that weld beautifully then they can do anything. They are a clever, industrious people and it really comes down to the supervision, quality control and the built-to price.

Cheers
    Sorry for the derail. Is that an AC/DC Pulse Tig?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Your paying a lot of money u should be getting fully seamed welds none of these gaps between welds those are 100% finished welds but why wouldnt they start off 10mm on top of the last weld than continue on instead of leaving a 10mm gap than starting?

10mm start on top of the old weld gives the aluminium a couple seconds to heat up so no cold weld starts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Sorry for the derail. Is that an AC/DC Pulse Tig?
    Yes mate. She welds beautifully. Tradetools. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Your paying a lot of money u should be getting fully seamed welds none of these gaps between welds those are 100% finished welds but why wouldnt they start off 10mm on top of the last weld than continue on instead of leaving a 10mm gap than starting?

10mm start on top of the old weld gives the aluminium a couple seconds to heat up so no cold weld starts
    I don't know why there are gaps. Seems odd. If they are using a foot pedal they can't bring it up to temp nicely without going over the old weld. Cheers

Thanks for pointing this out guys..nice to see some input from guys with alloy welding/fab experience..

The centre compartments are not welded shut like the buoyancy chambers down either side which should be fully seam welded and sealed to prevent water ingress...the middle ones are the fuel compartment , kill tank etc ..

Would this be a legitimate reason to be a bit rough and leave the welds as they are on a "hidden "underfloor section that isn't actually a watertight bulkhead...?..

The black around the welds mean they are mig welding your boat not tig welding

Not many boats would be TIG welded, it would take forever, my mate who builds a few custom trailers and has done a few boats uses practically every machine available, but long welds on places like (say) the chines, he uses a pulse MIG, some smaller bits and pieces he uses a TIG, especially fuel tanks.

True enough Noelm. TIG remains the best for alloy I reckon even with some of the new pulse MIGS especially thinner materials. My Aust made Blue Fin 4.5 had MIG and TIG on all long joints and TIG only on smaller ones. You can see it on the boat seams all over. And on their promo vid. Cheers

I think boat manuf use big industrial machines 300amp 400amp because welding at 150amps they have a continous duty cycle meaning they can run seems as long as they like without stopping to let the machine cool down and catch up called a duty cycle