Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    There's reasonable confidence that the Chinese armaments work pretty well - up to and including ICBMs which I reckon would be pretty complex machines. So I am sure they CAN build high quality gear.
    The Japanese copied western gear very shoddily to get their tooling up and a market share and then showed the West what quality engineering was a few years later. Korea followed...China is next.
    Unless maybe selling cheap tat to stupid greedy westerners is more profitable?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    yep that's basically how it will go...

Well lets hope you don't take away sweet and sour memories from this chinese experience.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Define most others
    The people making unsubstantiated comments and also talking about 4wd's and great walls and other unrelated matters...

I started this thread to provide a link to my blog on having a boat built by a particular Chinese factory and how I go about importing it....I don't know what will happen and if it will turn out to be a good decision or not..but I will live with the decision and I hope others might learn from my experience and I also hope in some way the builders realise the reach of social media and send me a good product....I already live off a an internet business that we built and we realise just how powerful a tool this can be........my sales guy Roger at Gospel has been especially attentive this week since I sent him a link when I started the blog on Sunday...…...he told me today he has already been contacted by potential customers that have seen my blog already... .the Chinese may be crafty but they are certainly not stupid....

So all this talk of other factories and products is just fluff ...Gospel didn't build the original Nobles and I cant see any dirt floors in their 6-7 years of operations...…….all the know it alls would do well to keep updated on how it goes down with my build and then be able to speak with at least some level of authority on the subject...…and lets see how it pans out..the good ,the bad and the ugly....

and mate I don't need anyone to
    make me feel "better about what your doing "....I wouldn't be buying this boat if following the herd mentality was in my genes......

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    What liability does the person putting the plate on take reelally?

From what I see the ABP is nothing more than a nameplate describing some basic things about the hull.
    The importer is responsible for making sure that the data shown on the plate is 100% correct to the hull design following the standard listed on the plate (eg as1799) The methods to determining the amount of people, luggage & engine hp and weights involves maths formulas based on design measurements...not just plucking out figures based on boats you use to own or what other manufacturers show. MSQ are scanning hulls during audits and running calculations, they have found quite a few wrong and are prosecuting and refusing registration.

Liability you say? If someone dies in that boat and the coroner runs the calculations and they are wrong...that cheap boat has landed you a nice cell as a home for a few years. People out there just don’t get how serious it is for boat manufacturers with the whole liability aspect. If you think I’m full of it, give BIA, MSQ, VSQ or NSW maritime a call and ask them.

Being one of the companies that supplies Noble International, these boats are coming off the same production line and the same batch as branded Nobles that were redesigned by Ben noble years back...If I follow whats on the Noble plate I have some doubts about your statement "
    that cheap boat has landed you a nice cell as a home for a few years"...

But as mentioned earlier when I actually delve into this issue and others over the next few months, I'll post about it on the blog...I see little point in speculation...

If you go to the Noble international website...whats on the builders plate is freely available ...same boat..same production line...and if I find that not to be the case I'll be sure to let everyone know...

Btw for those that are interested here is an article that gives a little bit of history into the sportfish/noble disaster before the Chinese even got involved......…..it was messy right from the start ….if anyone has any links or FACTUAL history of what happened when Ben went to China I am most interested......

https://www.australianboatmags.com.a...ENG97_prev.pdf

So once the Chinese take full payment and your boat is delivered if its not what u ordered what will happen? i can't see the Chinese reimbursing or even paying for repairs

Once it’s in the containers it’s his problem

Once the bog is on and paint covers it it’s his problem

It's a big gamble $29,000 hull plus all import and transporting cost, what would a comparable empty hull cost to either make or buy one already built in Oz? i never look up new big boats like this way out of my price range so i don't know other than seeing the odd example of the Bar Crushers going for $77,000 ready to run, something like this makes this $29,000 ordeal a big gulp

boat $29,000 +

engine $20,000

trailer $5,000 to $10,000

you'd think one wouldn't be saving too much the import and all the fees associated and taxes etc.. i have heard of people receiving free stuff like $2000 laptop back in theday coming thru customs and getting pulled up to pay the fees, makes this boat sound like it is going to be quiet expensive but that's a guess i

$54,000/$59,000 + i would have just bought something in Australia that is a whopping amount of real hard cash to gamble on

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Being one of the companies that supplies Noble International, these boats are coming off the same production line and the same batch as branded Nobles that were redesigned by Ben noble years back...If I follow whats on the Noble plate I have some doubts about your statement "
    that cheap boat has landed you a nice cell as a home for a few years"...

But as mentioned earlier when I actually delve into this issue and others over the next few months, I'll post about it on the blog...I see little point in speculation...

If you go to the Noble international website...whats on the builders plate is freely available ...same boat..same production line...and if I find that not to be the case I'll be sure to let everyone know...

If you are buying from overseas as the importer its on you. You need to have the data at hand, (calculation proof) not just going by a noble website or the original Aussie nobles...might be similar design but different make and who said they were correct?

I am not against you buying this boat, they look ok in the photos, better than a lot of Aussie boats, I’m just sharing the current legislation with you. If something ever happened to you in your new boat unfortunately you are on your own as the manufacturer being outside this country won’t do a thing. One major reason why NBI sold through auctions. The Chinese are smart business operators...they know the loop holes.

Insurance companies are also onto this now, that could be another hurdle down the track but as you said let’s wait and see. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Hello Catshark,
    Back the subject of chinese quality.

Yes, of course I have Chinese electronics, there is no alternative.
    As for boats I do have options.
    We make oustanding manufacturers in OZ and should support them.

As for your chinese boat riding better than any other you have owned, could we have some details of your current boat and the other boats that you have owned so that a sensible comparison can be made.

As for chinese quality, I used to drive a chinese 4wd bus for work.
    It was poorly designed and built.
    The tyres were bad as was the suspension, steering, brakes, transmission engine, airconditioning, electrics and body work.
    It did have a very good steering wheel.
    It would overheat, he brakes would fade, the auxilliary brake would randomly turn itself on and off(not safe on steep hills), it would randomly go into limp mode.
    I finally refused to drive it, the amazing thing is that it would pass a QLD Trans inspection, what bus are your kids riding to school in?
    There were two buses in the fleet and the switch gear was differently installed on the dashboard.
    One day another driver mistakenly pressed the low range button at 80kph, I wish that I had been there to hear the prolonged grating and crunching. The transfer case was completely destroyed.
    I hated that bus and it frightened me.
    Chinese quality = oxymoron.
    Hi Croc, sorry to hear about the bus from hell, must have been all that fine dust you get up there in the never never. yes okay to answer your question l have listed all the boats i have had in order from the crappiest ride to the best ride.
    de haviland
    clark x2
    brooker
    savage x2
    sharkcat
    smartliner.
    so there it is , not flash boats but still capable and most if all were aussie made except the last one is made in china , designed by the french dudes that do ARVOR boats. i will do a in depth review soon and yes you read that right, it rode better than the sharkcat.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    That's probably the most astute post I've seen yet...most of the others are just talking out their asses...
    So who is your person on the ground ensuring quality standards ate met? It is the same in my industry. Produce a successful product and a Chinese knock off is just months away. No matter how we explain quality differences some people only care about the dollar

Matt

You can get a bare Hull from Prestoncraft or Razerline for around $45,000, add fitout costs & trailer to that. A painted boat ready to bolt the engine onto for $29,000 is a significant saving.

Haha, Disoderly you are a goose who cannot see things or accept others opinions after posting something on a public forum!

Probably not the place for you I am afraid, get a thicker skin champ

Quote Originally Posted by Heliduck View Post
    You can get a bare Hull from Prestoncraft or Razerline for around $45,000, add fitout costs & trailer to that. A painted boat ready to bolt the engine onto for $29,000 is a significant saving.
    It will be a bit more than $29,000 there are import cost and taxes there is a calculator here https://www.wwcf.com.au/customs-duty...ax-calculator/ than he has to pay a ship wright or a naval architect to sign off his ABP sounds like $$$ because that special person will be hanging there ass on the line for this Chinese imported boat to be sea worthy and lawfully they (might) be liable if the boat sank at sea and someone died