Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Ok i thought there wrre only one branded Stabicraft as mentioned in post 1, i have no problem buying from China.

But deliberatly buying from China that are building someone elses design without rights is like going and buying a Parsun

A bit like Captain cook finding Australia..
    I was never educated at school but i read European Settlers were the first white people here
    There are very little orginal designs left, especially in carby 2 stroke. But I understood that Parsun was one of the more legit Chinese manufacturers. There was a fellow on this board a while back who was an importer of the Parsun brand. Personally I would not buy a Parsun but that's not to say they are a blatant rip off (though like I say if they are reverse engineering or copying older carb 2 strokes...who cares).

Disorderly good luck. Keen to see how it all goes. I hope it goes well. The only thing I am aware of on this site about the Chinese built noble is in relation to the lengthy thread a while back where a member here got stung with lack of gusseting (from memory) in the transom area that caused issues. I suppose you could ask the manufacturer to shoot you some photos or video of the inside sealed off areas as welded before they weld the floor in? That way you can see the quality of their TIG or MIG work and also ensure there is enough structural integrity to keep you satisfied that the boat is sound.

With appropriate quality control there is no reason at all why the Chinese boat builders cant do a fantastic job. If they can build (as I have experienced) 200 amp pulse TIG welding machines that retailers here can sell for $800 that weld beautifully then they can do anything. They are a clever, industrious people and it really comes down to the supervision, quality control and the built-to price.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Blog Entries

Hi Disorderly can you get them to take some photos at various build stages before the floor goes down like the girder construction etc and fitment of tank .
    That would show all construction framework and people could then decide if it measured up or not .

lets not forget china of old has grown up fast , very fast and can produce better material than yester year, no doubt the supervee would be under quality control and should be a near carbon copy with out the price tag

see those new SUVs on the market, HAVAL brand, they chinese.

Hello All,
    I have a family member who bought a Gospel Supervee about one year ago.
    The boat arrived completely OK except for a small rub mark on one of the rails.
    The wiring was junk and needed all new terminals.
    In general a very satisfactory experience considering the $$$$.
    As for the ethics of buying OS, it is not something I would have done.
    As for Chinese quality, I would never buy anything that I expected to last from China, based on personal experience.

so you dont own a chinese made TV. mobile phone. fridge. dryer. dishwasher. stereo. electrical tools . computer. printer. where do you buy your australian made everyday to day needs.
    i have a chinese boat and rides better than any boat ive ever owned, and no im not a ching chong, im straylian

Thanks for posting disorderly it takes courage to put something up here when you know for sure there’s going to be some strong opinions.

I know what it’s like to have a life long passion but the expense becomes overwhelming sometimes. I’m in the process of getting a few quotes on a replacement 200hp 4 stroke and looking down the barrel of $25k min including installation...... can get a pretty decent whole new car for that price and then around $600 per year to service.... can’t bring myself to pay these figures

Just clicked that link your paying AUD $29,000 for the hull only from China plus all import cost, the cost of a trailer and new engine

I honestly cant see a buck saved

Quote Originally Posted by Paul071978 View Post
    Thanks for posting disorderly it takes courage to put something up here when you know for sure there’s going to be some strong opinions.

I know what it’s like to have a life long passion but the expense becomes overwhelming sometimes. I’m in the process of getting a few quotes on a replacement 200hp 4 stroke and looking down the barrel of $25k min including installation...... can get a pretty decent whole new car for that price and then around $600 per year to service.... can’t bring myself to pay these figures
    No worries Paul...

Not to worried about too many other peoples opinion when often they are based on ignorance rather than experience...

As for the 4 strokes my quotes this week are for Honda 200hp 25K plus fitting and Yammi 200hp 27K fitted....

As far as servicing goes remember that the service schedule must be adhered to maintain the warranty.....

I was just looking at the invoice for a 1 year service that a local guy sowed me..he has a 150 Suzuki...the cost was $880....this service was performed at just 76 hours as the one year period was up......he also paid $350 for a 20 hour service......that's $1230 for 76 hours boating...……..when I enquired about yearly servicing costs for a 150 from the same dealer I was told ( "about $600-650" )

The 2 year service will likely cost more as the valve clearances will need to be checked as well as everything that was done on the 1 year service...so then ..pull rocker cover off..check and adjust clearances if needed..replace gasket and put back together....takes a little while..

You cant tell me this 4 stroke caper is an absolute racket...….who needs to replace water pump and impellor as well as thermostat at 76 hours...

Anyway I'm leaning towards the Etec G2 200 for 22K fitted and 3-5 years before you have to replace the plugs,waterpump and gear oil….there is nothing much else to them that needs doing except maybe checking the propshaft for any line around it and a bit of grease here or there.....

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Just clicked that link your paying AUD $29,000 for the hull only from China plus all import cost, the cost of a trailer and new engine

I honestly cant see a buck saved
    Incorrect again...I hate know it all's....Please do me a favour and scroll past my thread …..I tried putting you on my ignore list but it seems you are indestructible....

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Incorrect again...I hate know it all's....Please do me a favour and scroll past my thread …..I tried putting you on my ignore list but it seems you are indestructible....
    im posting what your saying you put up the 20k price tag on your facebook invoice i just used a currency exchanger

How am i a know it all basing on what your telling us?

Good luck with a service just removing the cam cover and adjusting valves... that i know of modern engines use valve shims and buckets you need to remove all cam shafts to make valve adjustments

But good luck with that i know nothing

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    It would be ok if he had a clue but it’s obvious some people have no. Take the cams out to adjust the valves is another case of proving some people don’t have a clue . Thanks for keeping us updated on Facebook. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

2019 140hp Suzuki Outboard, How do u suggest a mechanic remove the valve shims? the tolerance between cam and valve shim would be 00.15mm or less i see the newer engines the valve shims are on top of the valve bucket

possibly they compress the spring than remove the shim?

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    It would be ok if he had a clue but it’s obvious some people have no. Take the cams out to adjust the valves is another case of proving some people don’t have a clue . Thanks for keeping us updated on Facebook. Matt
    I think u need some knowledge on outboard mechanics up untill these new engines came out that had the shims under the buckets and u have to remove the cams to remove the buckets to remove the shims

Oils ain't oils..you know the saying!

Hope it all plays out the way you envisage though...