Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Didn't see facebook stuff about "warped hull", don't do facebook. But there is a lot of difference between the plate pulling a bit where it is welded , and a "warped hull" . It's just the nature of the beast with welding aluminium. I don't do it myself, but have had a LOT of experience of ownership, commercial usage, and repair with larger plate alloy hulls--they are all wonky if you look at them in the right light.

Re: boatbuild..

I saw the Facebook photos. It didn't look like it needed the right light.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Those keyboard warriors pointed out the lack of structure and other stuff ups. Unfortunately for you, you decided to argue with them and take the word of the builder. We all know how that has turned out, and you certainly didn’t need a certain light to see the warping!

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post
    Those keyboard warriors pointed out the lack of structure and other stuff ups. Unfortunately for you, you decided to argue with them and take the word of the builder. We all know how that has turned out, and you certainly didn’t need a certain light to see the warping!
    As poorly as Disorderly has handled this at times. You seem to be determined to have the last word. Why? Personally I think Disorderly's openness is to be applauded.

Cheers Matt

If u go back to the start of the thread on ausfish created by Disorderly he was pretty dead set he was walking away with the best boat built, fast forward the chinese were swapping pictures but again Dis was focused on what he seen was his boat, another fast forward and the chinese gyped him on the accessories and now not upholding there warranty

I think there is a lot to learn here from Disorderly's mistake by going overseas a lot of money and time was envolved

Just shows the chinese can and sometimes will reach down deep and low to sell u a picture

If that were me forking out 30k for the boat i would be in tears right now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    As poorly as Disorderly has handled this at times. You seem to be determined to have the last word. Why? Personally I think Disorderly's openness is to be applauded.

Cheers Matt

Because he tried to discredit myself and numerous others on fb. Some of it was very personal. I know a few people who are extremely angry at him and if they ever crossed paths things would get ugly. That’s not how I would handle it.

The keyboard warrior comment is the go to phrase these days. Simple fact is that those keyboard warriors were right. All they did was try and help him.

He did seem pretty sure of the whole thing initially, took a few swipes at the Aussie made products (they're not real boats, etc), dug his heels in when people warned of the warranty situation (likened the warranty to that of a Quintrex), etc. Didn't reflect too well initially.

He did mention he only created the Facebook page to document the process in a bid to keep the builder honest, as it would have many sets of eyes. It wasn't for our benefit. Reporting all of the shortcomings was just him coming through on his promise to bring them negative publicity after they failed to come to the party with the warranty. Mutually assured destruction.

Nevertheless, maybe a few people benefited. Not anymore if he removed the page, I'm sure there will be others out there who get conned into the same thing. I don't think many of us would seriously consider importing a boat from China. Would never put my family at risk not knowing what corners have been cut from a country famous for cutting corners in their relentless mission to produce everything for half the price of the other guy.

End of the day, boats are expensive in this country, no getting round that. But getting it half price from China clearly wasn't the answer.

I dont think disorderly needs to put a bucket over his head but people will learn from this prime example,

What should be done now if disorderly can afford it is to rectify the problem an walk us thru his repairs

I think a good welder could cut out the hook in the hull brace a new piece to go in and tig weld it than bog and paint

It could just have been the difference in aluminium material in the sheets china quality to australian quality

Doubt the chinese are importing aluminium sheets from australia as an example, chinese do make some really shit cast aluminium that i know of

What's FB, oh that's right it's that app i uninstalled as it no longer is what it was designed to do. Sometimes people make a decision to save bucket loads of money by going offshore, sometimes it pays off sometimes it requires additional expense. I understand where Disorderly is coming from. These days even this forum seems to me to be like FB and responses sometimes can be a little forthright due to frustration. I hope he gets it all sorted out, it will still cost him a lot less in $'s but more in time.

It is unfortunate but I have noticed that this forum is getting a bit too much like social media lately, there's plenty who want to share but plenty whi want to tear it all down. I've noticed that this forum is down to less than half a dozen threads at any one time used to be you couldnt keep up with them, and the number of posters has shrunk.

Let's get back to what it used to be and should be, a sharing of ideas. communication and general good comradeship.
    Rant over, have to get another Red wine.

Most forums are slow these days, there is really only two sites I really like, I am a member on plenty, and comment now and then, this site tends to be just a few who try to help, but most I think could be classed as electronic "friends" and I would be more than happy to have a beer/wine/coffee/meal with anyone of you.

Think the problem with this site alowing down was either employ staff to monitor it or wack a membership on it and do minimal monitoring

Checked the other day and we had 220 members currently viewing the boating section only

The membership killed the forum everyone likes free but with that much chaos it cost money to maintane

Imagine going back 5-6 years all the post and pictures etc.. that would have cost a nice penny on monthly web hosting

Sadly facebook is killing forums and valuable knowledge is being lost with forum members..

Lots of shit talkers on facebook that would glue there boats together with vasoline and bandages than put a 200hp on it and say its still going 30 years later so must work

Ok what's the problem here a boat that needs fairing all fix able and not that expensive I've not seen the pics but I think I know what the problem is as ive seen a fair few beaten up hulls in steel and ally and a good fairing job will have the hull streamline and efficient with bugger all weight added with micro balloons and epoxy .

He might not have gotten what he wanted but not is all lost I you think outside the square of real boat building and what gets done every day on sail boats and race hulls there's a fix for everything.

tail end charlie..moi..frankly this thread almost ended up where it needed to be....I was on Fishnet and watched it crumble into a welter of bile driven nastiness...Frankly my tuppence is I simply dont care about the numbers of people online...its about the quality and respect in engagement...I look at it this way ..if we have to pay a few bucks to get rid of the trolls..ok fine...but for those of us here ..lets keep it an enjoyable place to visit ..and if at times you wanna disagree thats fine too ..its UnAustralian not to .....but lets not have a killing zone for honest disagreements....

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    tail end charlie..moi..frankly this thread almost ended up where it needed to be....I was on Fishnet and watched it crumble into a welter of bile driven nastiness...Frankly my tuppence is I simply dont care about the numbers of people online...its about the quality and respect in engagement...I look at it this way ..if we have to pay a few bucks to get rid of the trolls..ok fine...but for those of us here ..lets keep it an enjoyable place to visit ..and if at times you wanna disagree thats fine too ..its UnAustralian not to .....but lets not have a killing zone for honest disagreements....
    Fishnet - now theres a blast from the past. I was a moderator on that back in the very early days.

Fishnet went down really hard, lots of sideswipes and I do believe legal threats, a few people kind of took it way too far. Most (maybe even all?) on here tend to kind of electronically know each other, most can have a debate, but as the song goes "you got to know when to hold them, and know when to fold em" so, you just need to know when something is a dead end and let it go. Almost all can enjoy a laugh, and there has been some laughs, some really funny antics over the years, especially at the old 1770 M&Gs