Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    before bagging someone else's boat, someone should look in his his own backyard first and see all the crap he's accumulated and built, and there's plenty of pics to prove it!
    I have 2 things lol one im yet to finish...

I got the idea once i got my engine running and no one commented haters ganna hate when one succeeds

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Me Ting View Post
    Is the picture in this post your boat? Sent by them, when under construction?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Ausfish mobile app
    They were following my blog closely by this stage so I am reasonably assured by this stage of the build the photo's they were sending were of my boat ..during the prepping for paint and painting stage they sent me daily photos and also mine was the only boat they have done in these custom colours ...they seemed so proud of the job they did on the finish and I noticed the other salesmen were even using the photo's to talk up how good of a quality finish gospel can do...….but then they sent her to the fitout department unfortunately and it went downhill from there....lol...

paint 2.jpgpaint.jpgpaint3.jpgpaint4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    On the subject of skim coat, or just plain bog, it's the only way you will get a really good finish on gloss, on a welded ali hull. AMM freely admit to using it, and they are meant to be 'top end" --a video on them said they used up to 3mm, IIRC.Otherwise you will have a wobbly side, exaggerated by the gloss, with light on the wrong angle.
    interesting comments Ranmar..

At first I was a bit concerned because I had read about china boats and bog and even saw a few pics of bit and pieces delaminating from some of the early Chinese nobles from 10 years or so back...

I wasn't able to find any issues on any more recent boats or indeed any at all from gospel since they started building however I still had doubts....

Sometimes me and the missus have just stood there and walked back and forwards to see the hull from all angles to try and find any imperfections..(particularly her, as the vinyl decals are her thing..lol )..and already now that gospel seems to be willing to correct the fitout issues for us (fingers crossed ) we are able to see things in a more positive light....

They really have put a hell of a lot of work into getting the smooth finish before painting and I like it more and more each time I look her over...

She will never be quite as fancy as a glass boat and I wish the paint was a little thicker and time will tell over the durability but she does look very nice ATM...just have to be a little more careful of bumping into things and don't go dragging craypots over the side...lol

I have also seen a few aussie built boats that have worse paintjobs and far worse welding so maybe in comparison the finish on this china boat is really not that bad and with a decent fitout I wont have many complaints about the actual finished product itself (but the stress of actually dealing with the Chinese is another matter entirely ).....

beaver cay1.jpghinch.jpg

Just to keep things in perspective guys I see on some of the facebook forums a lot of boat envy and hate..

While its fair play to debate on the different attributes of different boats and brands its laughable some of the attitudes that if you don't own a 7.5 meter Razerline or Amm or performance plate etc that you re doomed to a miserable existence and are obviously a less successful human...

For us the main thing is just getting out there and enjoying nature whether its a family day at beaver cay or the reef for some fishing and an overnighter or a few days camping and barra fishing at Hinchinbrook island....

We use to do the same things in a smaller, much cheaper boat ...Sure this one is much more comfortable and nicer but we also have to work harder now to pay it off and to pay extra running costs....we also found that our initial budget blew out considerably as is often the case with boats..haha..

We don't spend much on material stuff and don't go on holidays and the kids have left home and are financially independent so this is our "forever boat"...

I certainly would advise people not to get caught up in getting something you cant afford to buy and run that puts financial stress on your family but looks great in your driveway and impresses your mates and neighbors and your FB "friends"...

Just be happy with what you have and work towards something more suited but ultimately a 10k boat will still get you out on the water and catching fish..as will a boat from China, NZ , Australia or anywhere else..

tight lines everyone....

Whats your confidence in it long term -5-10 years or will you move it on before that?

Ausfish Platinum Member

He did say, is his previous post, that it was his "forever boat".

Every high level finish aluminium boat on the planet will have bog in it somewhere. Superyachts have it in ridiculous amounts to fill where the sheets buckle when they are welded. You see the fairing crews on the torture boards for days. Not something I would be concerned about in the slightest apart from treating the boat a bit better (which I am sure Disorderly will) than your average tin rig as if you flex the sides with a decent knock, it can crack which will lead to chunks falling out.

IMG_1143.jpg IMG_1145.jpg IMG_1148.jpg IMG_1150.jpg IMG_1149.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Whats your confidence in it long term -5-10 years or will you move it on before that?
    Yeah what ranmar said...its the perfect configuration and size boat for us..it will likely outlast me....the paint may get a bit banged up but that happens on any boat sooner or later...but probably best to ask me again in 5-10 years though...only time will tell...

Structurally I was a bit concerned originally but I sent video and a bunch of pics of hull and underfloor and welding to Jacob Noble for his opinion and he graciously gave me some time and advice.....he seemed a bit surprised and told me it looked a lot better than most other Chinese boats he had seen...

One change that was made from the early original supervee design was to move the fuel tank forward to between the seats which has balanced out the boat better and reduced weight aft.....Jacob also builds his the same now as well......he also is up to the task if anybody is considering an aussie built supervee boat.....

The welding seems quite satisfactory and is consistent throughout the build and the fuel tank and under the floor when I pulled it up was just the same...

I certainly saw some different quality welding when we were first doing the rounds and looking at different brands initially..we found that even some of the famous aussie brands could be quite inconsistent and variable in the quality of welding on the same boat and side by side with other boats from the same factory...seemed to be a bit of a lottery and some manufacturers don't seem to be too picky who they put on the tools.......

I think ours will hold up Ok...hope so anyway....these days we are fairweather boaters and 10-15 knots and 1 meter seas is our upper limit to go out in..with 10 knots or under better....15-20 knot afternoon northerly sees us scurrying home pretty quick....

I certainly would advise people not to get caught up in getting something you cant afford to buy and run that puts financial stress on your family but looks great in your driveway and impresses your mates and neighbors and your FB "friends"...

Just be happy with what you have and work towards something more suited but ultimately a 10k boat will still get you out on the water and catching fish..as will a boat from China, NZ , Australia or anywhere else..

wise words indeed mate!
    Enjoy your boat
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post

wise words indeed mate!
    Enjoy your boat
    Just like a $200000 boat can still bring in donuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Hey what happened to the build on Facebook can't see it anymore? What happened with the warped hull?

Quote Originally Posted by jake187 View Post
    Hey what happened to the build on Facebook can't see it anymore? What happened with the warped hull?
    There was something on Facebook the other day ,it didn’t look good but it seems to have disappeared again now . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Slight indents in the hull between 2 particular stringers either side of a rib....you have to be looking in the right light to see it or run a straight edge...

When I run a metre spirit level on the worst part I get a 0.8-1 cm deviation......Doesn't affect structural integrity just disappointing and yet another reason not to buy a Chinese boat..

The Chinese will try and screw you at very turn ...they also do not honour any warranty …

I only meant this thread and the FB page as a chronicle of our journey and to keep them honest but it has descended into so much hate and bullshit from the usual keyboard warriors so I am done with it and will not be posting on the subject again...

If anyone needs some genuine info on the Gospel boats feel free to message me..

IMG_1363 (2).jpg

So their not coming to the party on any of these issues? Would you do it again or recommend it to anyone? Asking out of honest curiosity not trying to cause a slinging match

Disorderly,
    Just read the whole story from the start , glad it all turned out for you and I must say I'm more than a little envious. My made in China big purchase was a caravan (Sept. last year) the fit out and build like the rest of the van is top quality and really is an argument for not getting to hung up on "Aussie made " and that was a consideration before purchase. anyway I digress, well done and hopefully you get some tangible compensation for those fit out defects. don't blame you for being pissed off by some. If you find the ignore button please send instruction on it's use, I hope it comes with an intensity setting !

Wahoofishing crew , re the drowning possums I'M STILL LAUGHING (one of the best I've heard for a long time )
    Regards
    Frank