Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

I imagine you could view them (the chinese-built boats) the same as they view OAG modules built in Asia. Get them for half the price of building the same thing in Australia, and allow 10 million or so for rectification of obvious faults when they arrrive. And still be way in front. it sounds like they have shorted you a bit, Disorderly, on fitout, but nothing too hard to rectify. As long as the hull is structurally sound, well welded with materials of sufficient strength, you are good to go. Sounds like you were happy with it in all other respects?

A bloke in our town had an order in with trailcraft for their largest(?) model. After 6 months or so of being stuffed around by the Perth dealer, with the boat nowhere in sight, he got his deposit back by threatening legal action. He is now the happy owner of a locally built Genesis 7.5 M XL Wide ( think the original YBS Genesis) with a 300 yamaha. Only took about 4 months from order to delivery, and cost twice as much as the Trailcraft was going to. A bloke who ordered his Trailcraft prior to the aforementioned, took 12 months to delivery, and there were multiple problems, nature unspecified, when he took delivery.
    Caribbean can build you a Reefrunner or 2300, in Melbourne, from scratch, with around a 2 month lead time.

I guess price is all relative, I have sunk close to 60k refurbing the old cat and could have got a nice new plate mono from China for the same price but for me it wasn’t about the money but more about reviving an old boat that I knew was structurally sound, I’ll never get the money back I have spent but I’m never going to sell so doesn’t really matter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, if you’re only interested in saving money than living life, don’t buy a boat! Simples!😂

Happy new year Ausfishers!

At the end of the day, provided the bloke that paid the bills is happy with his toy, that's all that really matters. The dishonesty is annoying but I would almost put it down to a cultural difference and the risks weren't unknown - it's been documented many times. There are risks associated with manufactured goods from any manufacturer. I've worked on some big name rigs here that have cost their owners significant amounts to sort out due to lack of after sales support or have ended up in court - costing dare I guess a hell of a lot more than Disorderly has had to spend to rectify his issues.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    At the end of the day, provided the bloke that paid the bills is happy with his toy, that's all that really matters. The dishonesty is annoying but I would almost put it down to a cultural difference and the risks weren't unknown - it's been documented many times. There are risks associated with manufactured goods from any manufacturer. I've worked on some big name rigs here that have cost their owners significant amounts to sort out due to lack of after sales support or have ended up in court - costing dare I guess a hell of a lot more than Disorderly has had to spend to rectify his issues.
    One of the international sales managers at work once told me this! “Japan- your word is your honour, China-you know you will be ripped off going into the deal, India-count all your fingers after shaking hands!

Mercury 115ct going strong😁

LOL Dirtyfuzz..

Your boat has come up a treat though and I'm sure most of us are envious...I can barely afford one motor on minimum wage though..

Here is my china boat parked up at Dunk island on boxing day next to a Aussie built 15 year old Cruisecraft Explorer 685 with a Verado on the back.....

Its a nice boat and for sale for 88K if anyone is interested..

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...-6403811/?Cr=2

In between my china boat and the CC there was a guy periodically parked there with a speedboat who was taking out people tubing...each time he reversed in to the beach he would drive backwards till the prop buried in the sand and stopped the boats momentum and effectively "parked" it....he would then use the prop to anchor the boat till he could be bothered actually swimming an anchor out the front....every wake of other boats going by you could see the stress on the motor and the tilt trim being pulled back and forth...the missus pointed it out as when we were looking at a new boat I told her how concerned I was about second hand motors...

its not an easy thing trying to make a decision on how to afford and buy your dreamboat...

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    One of the international sales managers at work once told me this! “Japan- your word is your honour, China-you know you will be ripped off going into the deal, India-count all your fingers after shaking hands!

I,ve heard something like that before, i guess its just the nature of business for these countries they are doing what i would think aussie businesses are doing and thst is shopping around for the best deals on products but unfortunatly they have easy access to the chespest of cheap

Im not down with the pic swapping of hulls if that has been done, would like to see the before and after pictures to make that judgement, one would think a plan is a plan and u adhear to it be in australia or over seas

If the plans were modified for less bracing that would have thrown a whole works in to complicate the job further than just following the plans unless it was more of just weld this here weld that there kind of proceedure...

But i doubt it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    LOL Dirtyfuzz..

Your boat has come up a treat though and I'm sure most of us are envious...I can barely afford one motor on minimum wage though..

Here is my china boat parked up at Dunk island on boxing day next to a Aussie built 15 year old Cruisecraft Explorer 685 with a Verado on the back.....

Its a nice boat and for sale for 88K if anyone is interested..

https://www.boatsales.com.au/boats/d...-6403811/?Cr=2

In between my china boat and the CC there was a guy periodically parked there with a speedboat who was taking out people tubing...each time he reversed in to the beach he would drive backwards till the prop buried in the sand and stopped the boats momentum and effectively "parked" it....he would then use the prop to anchor the boat till he could be bothered actually swimming an anchor out the front....every wake of other boats going by you could see the stress on the motor and the tilt trim being pulled back and forth...the missus pointed it out as when we were looking at a new boat I told her how concerned I was about second hand motors...

its not an easy thing trying to make a decision on how to afford and buy your dreamboat...

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg
    It certainly presents well and if your happy with it I think you did well.......Cool rego.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    At the end of the day, provided the bloke that paid the bills is happy with his toy, that's all that really matters.........
    That's it in a nut shell.

Well I did update with a video of some of the minor fitout issues and the reasons why I was pretty pissed off...

I was annoyed with the quality of this stuff but realistically it is pretty easily replaced..

The thing is though I shouldn't have to pay to replace it and I was pretty mad at Roger Zhang for basically telling me that if I wasn't happy with anything then I should replace it myself....

I sent him a video of some of the issues a month ago and asked him to replace those things.....he said no and I said well I will post it on the internet so people can see what they are buying...

He said "I don't care, post whatever you like".....

I hadn't posted it till today but I had sent it to anyone that asked me about the boats..
    Seems it may have caused some grief because I got this message last week

"Hi Scott ,I not understand why you keep speak to everyone for the small defective issues , this is not good"

I responded with

"If you Honoured your warranty then I would be telling people about the "small defective issues Roger...its that simple.."

If you honoured your warranty I wouldn't be telling people about the "small defective issues" Roger....its that simple...

I hadn't heard anything back for a week so I posted the video on my blog today and within an hour I have been contacted by a grovelling managing director and been promised everything will either be replaced via courier or money sent to cover the costs of replacement including bilge pump..

What a turnaround..this sort of confrontation makes me feel a bit sick in the gut and a bit anxious but I believe what I asked for was right and and just and hopefully it will pull them into line a bit regarding customer expectations and those buying boats from them in future will get a better result..better for all concerned I would say...

I'm sure I am not alone in thinking why build a pretty decent boat and then fit it out with crap for the sake of saving less than 1K...

Video is on the blog if anyone is interested...

https://www.facebook.com/My-Gospel-P...location=group

Its great to hopefully get this resolved and get rid of this negativity and start the new year enjoying the new boat..

That’s a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    It certainly presents well and if your happy with it I think you did well.......Cool rego.
    mate its a great boat ..I was never going to give Gospel the satisfaction of admitting that when they were stiffing me on the fitout….

They have assured me that they have seen the error of there ways and were only doing it to keep costs down but now will start using decent quality gear and raise the price slightly...

If its true its a win for all...

The amount of work they put in before painting is incredible....its not for everybody but the skimcoat gives a beautiful finish that most aussie builders just cant afford..once they get all their ducks in a row it will be just about impossible for the aussie builders to compete...

fairing11.jpg

BTW rego , paint colours and decoration was the missus input...she is pretty chuffed with herself to be honest... LOL...

Hang on didnt u post something about the shitty thin paint job now your saying its marvalous

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hang on didnt u post something about the shitty thin paint job now your saying its marvalous

Where ever did I say the paintjob was marvellous Gazza..?....

Go and shit stir somewhere else please....

Bog is the foundation for the paint job, Whats to say they didn't swap that picture too like your accusing them of doing? i donno man...

still waiting to see under the floor too to compare pictures

I'm not shit stirring i just want to see all this stuff that is supposedly not what u ordered so far i have only seen the side of the boat, where are the pictures? your running a business down and not showing us the proof