Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Disorderly was upfront right from the start. He knew the risks. He kept us well informed along the way. What he wouldn’t have expected is sheer dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour from the manufacturer. It’s costing him some extra dollars now. He wouldn’t be a happy traveller. For the life of me I don’t see any value in point scoring and more to the point I am always disappointed at people who get pleasure from others misfortune. Very poor form.
    i would have genuinely felt sorry for the bloke if he hadn't of posted in this link the way he did http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...is-era-Im-lost i have no sympathy for him now

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I wonder how anyone knows what the frames under the floor are like, has the floor been removed?
    Yes he was chasing a fuel vapour smell and lifted the floor, replaced all hoses/clamps in the fuel system which were not marine grade.

I reckon the sweet spot is a 10 year old alloy boat. If it is a reputable Australian brand and shows no signs of cracks etc then you are into a winner. Repower if needs be and get it re wired if you can't do a good job yourself and you are way ahead.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Realistically getting a boat from China all your money would be in the aluminium and welding, accessories like the big guys in Australia will shop around and try buy the best but cheapest parts to keep there spending limit down well i can imagine the guys in China are doing the same but there low price liw quality is rubbish to our standards

Things like rod holders, bait pumps, switch boards, wiring, nav lights etc... are all going to be the lowest grade, this should have been expected

We live in a great country where quality comes standard unless its from ebay

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

same as in aus wages overheads sheet costs
    there is no big players here in custom plate boats and they all just use bla imported products

we live in a great country where the odds are pretty high the company building your plate boat will go bust and do you of your hard earned coin

I'd like some of you guys to get your head around the fact that a good number of Australian brands are now built in China (Trailcraft for one ... Formosa two ??). There aren't too many Australian businesses that wouldn't try to do so. Controlling the build process is key. Perhaps only get a bare hull without the floor attached !!

It does not and will not make sense for a smaller manufacturer in today's economic climate to build in Australia. Nothing much else is made here !! Disorderly is not losing money over what it costs to get the boat of that size made in Australia, its just that the savings are less than expected.

Disorderly has been very kind to share his experiences some of the responses to his plight are showing some weak souls. Even if you think you were right it is bad form to publicly shove it in someone else's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakka2301 View Post
    I'd like some of you guys to get your head around the fact that a good number of Australian brands are now built in China (Trailcraft for one ... Formosa two ??). There aren't too many Australian businesses that wouldn't try to do so. Controlling the build process is key. Perhaps only get a bare hull without the floor attached !!

It does not and will not make sense for a smaller manufacturer in today's economic climate to build in Australia. Nothing much else is made here !! Disorderly is not losing money over what it costs to get the boat of that size made in Australia, its just that the savings are less than expected.

Disorderly has been very kind to share his experiences some of the responses to his plight are showing some weak souls. Even if you think you were right it is bad form to publicly shove it in someone else's face.

Formosa are still built in Brisbane!

The only brands in China is bluefin boats and Clearwater Aluminum (Whitley Aluminum brand) and trailcraft.

I think there might be a few more than that.

Wonder where my little Quintrex was built.......Badly bowed flooring/casting deck ex factory and all but sank on the first outing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakka2301 View Post

I agree hence why I think the second hand Aussie built boats from reputable manufacturers hold their value so well.

Disorderly seemed to go in eyes wide open. I feel for anyone who gets ripped, even when they know their is a risk of it happening. Most stuff is made in China but I wouldn't put my hard earned into a direct buy because it's far too risky - you will.likely get burned by them.

Buying in Aus means a mark up but the consumer protection laws are there for new boat purchases, and it's in the importers interests to at least ensure the build level is seaworthy at least in the short to medium term.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Wonder where my little Quintrex was built.......Badly bowed flooring/casting deck ex factory and all but sank on the first outing.
    Bugger mate. Yep it's a brave new world. I hope you had them sort it?

Cheers

Your quintrex was built in Australia with Australian pride and work ethics and too a price as everyone in Aus wants things for nothing

What caused it to sink
    Hull fault or dealer fit out. Least be specific when making a statment like that so others are better informed on what to look out for

Hi Guys...I'll post some pics and update later on..

The main probs are fitout items which I was told about before going in but they also swapped out the pumps for shit china ones which pissed me off and also made me more grumpy about there sneaky way of dealings....and shit quality hoses and clamps underfloor which I have replaced really pissed me off from a safety perspective...

They say they have a 3 year hull warranty and a 1 year parts warranty If they had done the right thing and replaced all the shitty quality fittings that were not even fit for purpose I would have put down all the faults in dealing with them as "cultural differences" or honest errors(like sending photo's of other boats saying they were mine) ..but as it stands I don't like dishonesty and them knowing they have done the wrong thing and not resolving the issues clearly shows a real lack of honour and integrity.....

but the "buy aussie and you will be right mantra" is a funny one too...During my blog I was contacted by a number of disgruntled owners of big brand Aussie built boats with a range of issues also...as well as criticism with sorting out issues with local dealerships and boat shops and builders being a recurring theme...Aussie built is no guarantee that you will receive a quality boat and service...

Anyway I would never deal with them again or buy a boat sight unseen.....but overall it is a good boat....just needs some tweaking..

And whats with all the Quintrex love these days..?...Telwater are now 80 % foreign owned and already have factories in china that sell their fibreglass boats here ...I doubt its long before they start building the ally ones in China as well once they have sorted out the bugs in their existing Chinese factories....

The Aussie flag waving is all great but we really should look around our home and see where all our possessions come from first, before we carry on to much and even the Aussie built boats are 100% made of all imported products..also take a look in your boatshop or chandlery ..pretty light on aussie made stuff I'm afraid...

My best advice is as someone has mentioned above ...take a look at a good secondhand boat from AMM, performance plate, fisher etc with a low hours 4 stroke and if everything looks good you cant go wrong if the motor is reliable....

Most of our reef trips are 150-200km's and I just didnt want to buy a secondhand motor which was a major factor in my decision..

Hull fault,simply finished welding along the keel about a third of the way from the bow and started again thirty five mil from where it stopped......pretty hard to get your head around how some one could manage that.I imagine the dealer had to cop the floor and deck as it was replaced with a different coulored carpet after a lengthy period of too and fro.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    I cant imagine what you must have been feeling..my issues are very minor in comparison...

How was it resolved..?

Edit ..sorry didn't see your last post mate...

Is it all good now..?