Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Are you saying Disorderly's boat has a problem, or someone else's?

Some fairly lengthy commentary on fb about disorderly's boat having a range of issues, right down to things like the under floor structure being light and not matching the photos sent during the build process. Someone also mentioned a bloke with one of the stabi copies just had an engine fitted and it came back from the water test full of water. Not good...

instead of messing up this thread more then it has start a new thread named "chinese manufacturers are substandard they also take your money and dont really care about what you get"

This thread isn't messed up at all, it's a good read for those considering a Chinese 'copy' and what to expect, what to be wary of etc. The issues described above are what disorderly himself published on fb, just not updated here. It's good to keep this thread updated with how the build turned out for those reading down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    This thread isn't messed up at all, it's a good read for those considering a Chinese 'copy' and what to expect, what to be wary of etc. The issues described above are what disorderly himself published on fb, just not updated here. It's good to keep this thread updated with how the build turned out for those reading down the track.
    Davo, I agree with you, provided you're faithfully reporting what disorderly has posted on the facebooks.

All im ganna say

Cha Ching....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I’ll reserve judgement until disorderly makes comment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Davo, I agree with you, provided you're faithfully reporting what disorderly has posted on the facebooks.
    Yeah he has been publishing updates on Plate Boat Owners page, link to the full read below. You may need to join the group to see the full thread.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1446...6092696462925/

I think he's definitely been a good sport about it, very transparent about what the experience has been like and some of the issues he's come across, super valuable information for anybody considering going through the same process. I get the impression that the hull is decent, just fitted out quite poorly and the Chinese haven't been very helpful in remediating the issues so far.

A few excerpts from the thread below.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cains
    UPDATE....Boat has been on the water for a couple of months and goes OK ..However I'm spending plenty of time and money slowly refitting with proper gear.....

I would not recommend buying from Gospel...I found them to be full of **** from the start and sent me a boat full of Chinese non marine grade fitout stuff ,$5 pumps and a cabin full of fuel vapours from dodgy fuel system plumbing...

You cant trust them to do what you ask and they even sent me fake photos that they claimed were my boat build ..original photos sent also showed twice the amount of underfloor structure I ended up with......the good old switcharoo...

I would not advise buying a boat sight unseen, particularly from China where there are no consumer protection laws...
    Paint is also thin as **** and the whole boat is basically just an aluminium shell covered in bog or skim coat......but at least it still floats which is better than the poor bastard in NZ that bought an "Easycraft" (stabi-copy) from Gospel or "Sea-King"the same time as I got mine......his is sitting in the backyard with pontoons full of water.....

poor guy had his motor fitted and the mechanics took her for a water test and started to hear water sloshing around inside the pontoons....obviously not welded properly...….new design for them so you wouldn't want your new boat to come from the first few batches till they can at least work out how to get the hulls sealed..
    I asked them to replace all the rusty non marine grade fittings on the boat under their famous 3 year warranty but was told they don't have the money to do that...so they are also lying scamming pricks...

Disorderly was pretty adamant he was getting the same build as the Australian owners maybe someone else is replying for him i'll hold out on the laughter just yet....

now who is taking the piss?

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just read the full posts on Facebook. Feel for the poor bugger.
    Piss poor service from the builder.
    Hope you get everything sorted Disorderly.

Ducks why would u feel sorry for someone cutting out the real owner of the design an Aussie at that and take the business to the Chinese to save a buck?

Disorderly was quiet happy with the price he paid he even showed us he was also quiet happy with what he received now his a unhappy camper?

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Ducks why would u feel sorry for someone cutting out the real owner of the design an Aussie at that and take the business to the Chinese to save a buck?
    I guess Im different than you Gazza. I just feel for anyone who’s poured their hard earned into something only to get screwed. Each to their own mate.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    You should jump aboard next trip Gazza..

Just don't forget the marshmallows..
    'll stop by Coles in 10mins mate and kick back watching...

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post

Disorderly was quiet happy with the price he paid he even showed us he was also quiet happy with what he received now his a unhappy camper?
    Disorderly was upfront right from the start. He knew the risks. He kept us well informed along the way. What he wouldn’t have expected is sheer dishonesty and fraudulent behaviour from the manufacturer. It’s costing him some extra dollars now. He wouldn’t be a happy traveller. For the life of me I don’t see any value in point scoring and more to the point I am always disappointed at people who get pleasure from others misfortune. Very poor form.

I wonder how anyone knows what the frames under the floor are like, has the floor been removed?