Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Yes mate..I am told 100ah at 90% DOD....
    thanks. That’s really interesting. Can you see any reason those cells couldn’t be laid down flat? Like in a case where you had a large horizontal area say below the cabin floor that only had a 100mm vertical space?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Dirtyfuzz 45kg
    That’s not too bad, About the weight of one lead acid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    thanks. That’s really interesting. Can you see any reason those cells couldn’t be laid down flat? Like in a case where you had a large horizontal area say below the cabin floor that only had a 100mm vertical space?
    Mate, I'm not qualified to answer that...these are my first lithiums...the way I configured them means they fit into the space beside the passenger seatbox perfectly...

Talk to Tim at EV works if you need advice..he is generous with his time...

Dis was just talking aluminium in general it cracks over time if its stressed as seen on old aluminium boats 5082 6061 is the same i think weather it be 10 years old or made yesterday

I recently played with lithium ion cells and can tell u there is no place in a boat for them, if one cell goes off they will all go off in a huge furious flame they are highy dangerous i almost had one go off at the kitchen table...

I personally dont think u will see one cell deteriorating u could be driving u could be distracted wetting a line once a cell goes into melt down they will all go off all 100 and that is a shit ton of energy it will be like a furnace

Even if u wet the cells they short out and go off

Just crazy 100ah lead or gel for me, these cells have a place and its not in a few squre meter vicinity where u will be standing

Not banging yah Dis but man these batteries and water dont go together

The cells he is using are not Lithium Ion.

TMC

You should jump aboard next trip Gazza..

Just don't forget the marshmallows..

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Dis was just talking aluminium in general it cracks over time if its stressed as seen on old aluminium boats 5082 6061 is the same i think weather it be 10 years old or made yesterday

I recently played with lithium ion cells and can tell u there is no place in a boat for them, if one cell goes off they will all go off in a huge furious flame they are highy dangerous i almost had one go off at the kitchen table...

I personally dont think u will see one cell deteriorating u could be driving u could be distracted wetting a line once a cell goes into melt down they will all go off all 100 and that is a shit ton of energy it will be like a furnace

Even if u wet the cells they short out and go off

Just crazy 100ah lead or gel for me, these cells have a place and its not in a few squre meter vicinity where u will be standing

Not banging yah Dis but man these batteries and water dont go together
    even lead acid batteries and salt water don’t go together. If the whole aviation industry and space industries are happy to use them with their very stringent safety regulations I’m sure with proper considerations they can be used on a boat.

Also consider Lithium Titanate if you’re that worried. Zero thermal runnaway risk.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Sorry guys i thought they were ion cells was a bit worried there...

Have never heard of those Lovey but the electronic are advancing so quickly i am in the dark ages

We finally blooded the China boat with an overnighter at the reef..managed to bring home a few nice Spanish as well as some of the usual suspects....I put up a report and some feedback on the boat on my blog if anyone is interested...IMG_0874.jpg

I put a couple of Video's up of a bit of a walkaround and the good and bad of the China boat if anyone is interested....

thanks i enjoyed the walk around and in depth tour, looks very solid and layout design is really good, if the worst of it that you have to change out the small bolts and fittings then not to bad, i would have expected that, those hondas are so big the baitboard should be easily reconfigured for trim purposes. the double reverse chines looks the goods, not many boats do this style but it must be good riding im thinking. to me the boat looks like a tank and makes the others you mention appear as toy class. like you say its a fishing boat, and a pretty good one at that.

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

I put a couple of Video's up of a bit of a walkaround and the good and bad of the China boat if anyone is interested....
    Good information for anyone looking at similar option.

I guess, in hindsight then, you'd get them to build the hull but do ALL the fit out yourself?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Ausfish mobile app
    When my wife calls, tell her I'm in "Ah Me Ting"

Ah Me Ting = 2019 Quintrex 420 Renegade (Tohatsu 50hp 2 Stroke)

Disorderly,

Can I ask for you to address the anchor well in the last video along with the costs etc. I'd like to know if it could take a drum winch and whether the fittings would handle a drum winch ...

You've done a great job so far for sure.

Cheers,

catshark ...the bloody thing really is built like a tank..just about everything I can see besides the roof of the hardtop (3mm) is 4mm or 5mm plate..including the deck and baitboard….

Ah me ting....yeah I'm not happy about parts of the fitout but was forewarned and that's why I didn't get any switchboards or electrical work done....strangely enough I have been contacted by a couple of people this week that also complained that they had many similar issues with there new build aussie built plate boats including Tabs and Stacer..one reckons his boat has spent more time in the workshop this year than on the water..issues were also to do with leaking hulls, fitouts and paint amongst many other problems...so it seems buying Aussie built is no guarantee to both quality and service. ...

Smakka ..you can get an anchorwinch fitted as a factory option...on mine there is a 50cm by 50cm 5mm plate fully welded inside the anchor well against the 4-5mm bulkhead that is already there...its solid ..everywhere I look and measure reflects why its a 1290KG hull when comparatively Quintrex Yellowfin and Trident 6500 Hardtop with full glass are 1060 kg......The deep V and heavy hull will use a bit more juice but she certainly rode through 15-20 knot chop last weekend better than just about anything besides 7m plus big glass boats......

Was reading on fb that this has gone a bit awry, also notice the fb build page appears to have been taken down. Also read that one of their stabicraft copies was taking on water? Long story short stay away from the Chinese builders...?