Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Just found this video this is how Disorderly's boat should be built

Wink Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

YF 2.jpgYF underfloor.jpgyf3.jpg

Grabbed these highlighted photo's from a plate boat forum on facebook….

I certainly wouldn't be looking at Telwater as the benchmark on building quality plate boats Gaz....seems to be some issues with welds letting go in various areas inside the hull,floor and nose....blistering paintwork and other issues....

I got quotes and looked at Yellowfins quite closely when researching boats.....I believe my Chinese boat will be better riding and probably better quality then anything coming out of that factory....

I have also heard plenty of stories of dealing with Telwater to fix problems.....some good results but lots of unsatisfied customers too..

and maybe its because they build 8000 or so boats a year so its obviously a factory assembly line process ..but just looking at those stills off there supplied marketing blurb it all looks a bit rough doesn't it...?...

but I also get your point ..I wish my boats had a few more transverse ribs in her...we will see how she goes over time I guess..

Wars, aluminium weight lol what next
    A welder is a welder they all stick metals together with current

A tradesman here gets 35 to 50 a hour
    Over there $5 per hour
    Add gst on everything
    Add payroll tax if your business is larger
    Fuel excise
    Culture of sick days and poor work ethics

If we were a third world country with por wages they would be the same cost to build here

Disorders just has to keep on top of them and he will get the boat he wants

rub my eyes together

oh boy this is getting long in the tooth

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    rub my eyes together

oh boy this is getting long in the tooth
    I don’t think it’s that long , when origin where building you had to wait months but quality was great apparently. See how long it takes to get a caravan built and the quality isn’t always there . Disorderlies build can’t be any worse than some of the ones that where built here that had broken welds and nearly sunk . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I have been reading this thread and have come to the conclusion and sadly i might add that it appears there is an element of championing for failure for disorderly's project just so some can have there " i was right " and " i told you so moment. That is is pretty shit to be quite frank.

Those bashing up on the made in China process conveniently look past the fact that in all likelihood 3/4 of there belongings in the house or in the garage were " Made In China " by an imitator as opposed to the innovator .

Truth be known Disorderly should be applauded for his open book approach to sharing his build experience particularly if that open book attitude saves someone else in the future or enlightens them to any potential pitfalls or concerns to look out for along the way should they also choose to go down the same path.

Anyways all the best with the build Disorderly keep the updates coming.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I put up another blog article if anyone is interested...more dramas but ultimately getting a good result I think...

and thanks for the support guys...

Initially I did this blog and thread as away to keep the Chinese honest and try and make sure they realised they were being closely watched by their potential sales demographic of potential buyers...

One of the good things to come out of it will be a blueprint of sorts for anyone wanting to do a similar build or at least make a decision on whether to pursue this option or not...

As for the anti-china..."told ya so" bogan type....well some of us really need to get out more....there is a whole big world out there and if we think we are somehow more special than any other country or build things so much better then we are seriously kidding ourselves.....provincial attitudes like that will quickly see us left in the dust while other emerging countries prosper..

Anyway I'd prefer to keep on track as a boat build rather than a sociological study so I guess we will see what we end up with when we snig the boat out of the container around September time...I have a feeling I'll be pleasantly surprised but will judge with a critical eye and keep you informed….

Yeah i noticed that under floor plates bracing was shockly aligned but did u notice how the bloke was welding how he would start a new weld and end over the finish of the last weld this is to weld over the cold start of a aluminium weld the Chinese don't seem to be doing this on your build, also liked that big automatic trolley thing that moves when welding the chines for a continuous weld

Disorderly, can't help but notice the price on the trailer. What does one get for USD2,150? Build to Aussie specs I presume?
    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah i noticed that under floor plates bracing was shockly aligned but did u notice how the bloke was welding how he would start a new weld and end over the finish of the last weld this is to weld over the cold start of a aluminium weld the Chinese don't seem to be doing this on your build, also liked that big automatic trolley thing that moves when welding the chines for a continuous weld
    You would think with such a beautifully decked out facility that makes welding so easy they would take just a little bit of time to make sure things are straight and square.....

Uploaded some more pics and video to the blog...….. she is all finished now and ready for a clean down and spray......Taking a bit of a look I'm actually pretty happy with the welds and finish so far and unlike the old days they don't fill em up with bog anymore...can even see marks from a QC guy that has looked over all the welds and had the welder or grinder guy go back over any areas he wasn't happy with....Another 3 weeks for the paint and fitout and then into the container for her trip downunder...Cant wait..!

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Uploaded some more pics and video to the blog...….. she is all finished now and ready for a clean down and spray......Taking a bit of a look I'm actually pretty happy with the welds and finish so far and unlike the old days they don't fill em up with bog anymore...can even see marks from a QC guy that has looked over all the welds and had the welder or grinder guy go back over any areas he wasn't happy with....Another 3 weeks for the paint and fitout and then into the container for her trip downunder...Cant wait..!
    As long as you are happy Bud, that is all that matters.
    Good luck
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by Gimme5 View Post
    Disorderly, can't help but notice the price on the trailer. What does one get for USD2,150? Build to Aussie specs I presume?

I'll just have to add a breakaway when its gets here...and by the looks of it maybe weld on a bit of bracing for the winch post...
    I already have the import permit and VIN so I just have to take it to the transport department .boat trailer.jpg

Looks to me like the trailer is a little light for 2.5t rating?