Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

Re: Chinese Nobel Supervee copy boatbuild..

7.8m

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

cabin door.jpg

So I got some more pics of the build and was shocked to find that it seems to show them fabricating and fitting an enclosed front to the cabin with a door...…

That would be great except that I didn't want or order that....which the final invoice clearly shows as that would be an"option"...

The only mods I asked for after that were to leave the transom welds raw and unbogged and to not fit rod holder /rocket launchers to the cabin roof...

When I asked what was going on, I was told that enclosing the cabin was a "gift" and I would not be charged for the extra work ...when I pointed out I didn't want this "gift" and would just like it the way that was initially agreed upon..

I also asked them that if any other structural mods were to be made that I be consulted first...

When they got back to me and told me they could remove the now welded on cabin front and rebuild it the way it was meant to be they also said that I ask for no further modifications because
    "as the modify issues waster a lot of labour cost for welders "

Well excuse me...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    cabin door.jpg

So I got some more pics of the build and was shocked to find that it seems to show them fabricating and fitting an enclosed front to the cabin with a door...…

That would be great except that I didn't want or order that....which the final invoice clearly shows...

The only mods I asked for after that were to leave the transom welds raw and unbogged and to not fit rod holder /rocket launchers to the cabin roof...

When I asked what was going on, I was told that enclosing the cabin was a "gift" and I would not be charged for the extra work ...when I pointed out I didn't want this "gift" and would just like it the way that was initially agreed upon..

I also asked them that if any other structural mods were to be made that I be consulted first...

When they got back to me and told me they could remove the now welded on cabin front and rebuild it the way it was meant to be they also said that I ask for no further modifications because
    "as the modify issues waster a lot of labour cost for welders "

Well excuse me...
    Christ on a bike. It's good isn't it?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Christ on a bike. It's good isn't it?

Cheers

Well that's one way to put it...

I just hope they don't butcher it now thatthey have to cut it apart...the workshop guys are probably annoyed......

The salesman has obviously stuffed up on the work order, then tried to get out of it as easy as possible by trying to get me to agree to let it slide and leave it be and then tried to blame me when I insisted it be changed and probably told the workshop that I changed my mind after the event to absolve himself....

Because a couple of invoices before the final one had extras added on that I didn't discuss or ask for....this reminds me of the old salesman trick of adding stuff and having you agree without looking too close...it was quite an ordeal to arrive at the final invoice in which they didn't try and "upsell" me on optional features

Whatever happened its a worry...

The door has wasted a lot of labor time when u didn't even ask for it..... they are putting the cream on the cake, i wonder why they done this? obviously in a business world u only get what u pay for no extra's

Whats with the inconsistent welds inside the right pocket are they full seem welds or just tacks?

The salesman has obviously stuffed up on the work order, then tried to get out of it as easy as possible by trying to get me to agree to let it slide and leave it be and then tried to blame me when I insisted it be changed and probably told the workshop that I changed my mind after the event to absolve himself....

Whatever happened its a worry...
    Yeah that's a fair guess.
    I got a free Spa bath in a house I had built but the PM was honest in that it would have cost more to pull it out and put the correct plain bath in than leave it.

i count five other builds in the shed. maybe a mix up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    i count five other builds in the shed. maybe a mix up for sure.
    I've been assured its our boat...

cabin door2.jpg

Attachment 119630Attachment 119631

Another photo....apparently finished now...…...when I asked why there is no passenger dashboard with grabrail and side bulkhead I as told that this way there will be more room...…..

Wonderful news. Now the roof of the cabin doesn't even extend back far enough to cover the length of the bunks and the passenger looks straight at a horizontal stitch welded structural member holding the cabin roof up...

I have been told they cant finish it off like the standard boat is in the 2nd photo and that it would mean replacing the cabin.....which they don't want to do....

I'm just gobsmacked and angry..

sucks but this is why you were told to have someone on the ground over there checking it

they dont give a shit during the build and will care even less after its in your hands

I've been assured its our boat...

cabin door2.jpg
    The boat in the background looks like a Stabicraft clone?

Certainly looks like a Stabi. Maybe Sunlit Happy Stabby.

I know it's a wide transom but surely the transom would be cut as a single piece. That transom looks like multiple pieces welded together....

Cheers

Attachment 119630Attachment 119631

Another photo....apparently finished now...…...when I asked why there is no passenger dashboard with grabrail and side bulkhead I as told that this way there will be more room...…..

Wonderful news. Now the roof of the cabin doesn't even extend back far enough to cover the length of the bunks and the passenger looks straight at a horizontal stitch welded structural member holding the cabin roof up...

I have been told they cant finish it off like the standard boat is in the 2nd photo and that it would mean replacing the cabin.....which they don't want to do....

I'm just gobsmacked and angry..
    Can't see photo mate. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    The boat in the background looks like a Stabicraft clone?
    I was going to ask about that i wonder how much that boat cost from China be interesting to compare to the genuine one

Disorderly u really need to view your pictures on a good mobile phone with zoom some of this boat looks incredibly poor, that transom has welds all over it and they are finished? also what the heck are all them holes for in the back of the boat?