Thread: Donnybrook Qld Navigation

Donnybrook Qld Navigation

Looking to camp at Lime Pocket on west side of Bribie Is. Anyone know what is the minimum height of tide needed to launch a tinny and motor up to the camp from Donnybrook.

Re: Donnybrook Qld Navigation

Low tide following the beacons and you wont hit bottom.
    I run the area regularly at low.
    Jack.

Channel markers north of Donnybrook do not have flashing red and green lights. Triangle only with reflectors. If travelling in the dark you will need a good spotlight to find them unless you know the passage like the back of your hand.

I have found that leaving Donnybrook heading north on a very low tide you will often hit bottom at the second last green marker before you get to yellow crossover.

Last summer I caught a couple stonefish in the shallows at that camp spot. Wear shoes in the water.

Thanks for the info. We were thinking to come down from Golden Beach but thought Donnybrook would be shorter.. Other than stone fish what can we expect to catch down there in winter

It’s only 7 or 8 minutes from Donnybrook. Pump some yabbies. You will get mostly bream.

Quote Originally Posted by Willdoe View Post
    Thanks for the info. We were thinking to come down from Golden Beach but thought Donnybrook would be shorter.. Other than stone fish what can we expect to catch down there in winter
    Flathead really fire here in the cooler months, using plastics I caught 10 today and 9 yesterday, if your not into lures drift with prawns..

You will not get through at low tide from Golden beach.....you will need at least 40cm above a normal low tide to get through.
    Jack.

As tunaticer has mentioned the S bends at Roys are really shallow at low if you leave from Golden Beach. Even following the beacons there can ground you when I was there 2 weeks ago.

If the S bends at Roys don't bugger you up I find this section east of Thoolara Island impassible at dead low on big out tides too. Attachment 119556
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    If the S bends at Roys don't bugger you up I find this section east of Thoolara Island impassible at dead low on big out tides too. Attachment 119556
    Very shallow there at best of times. Many markers need to be moved as following some of them will run you aground