Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple question on refueling a boat

Re: Simple question on refueling a boat

I get blowback out of my filler if the pump is on max. Same when filling with a jerry can too fast. I think the breather may be a tad undersize, or kinked somewhere out of sight. It looks big enough to cope. Something to watch out for.

A dip in the breather hose will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    I get blowback out of my filler if the pump is on max. Same when filling with a jerry can too fast. I think the breather may be a tad undersize, or kinked somewhere out of sight. It looks big enough to cope. Something to watch out for.
    I am the same, I get massive blow back if I fill too fast, but I don't think it's the breather, I think it's the surge of fuel sloshing back and forth in the tank from the motion of the car stopping.
    On idea how to stop it, just fuel real slow and cover the gap around the nozzle with a rag to stop the fountain

Smile, it confuses people
    Smile, It confuses people

I have been getting blowback to the point where I don’t think I am filling the tank to full capacity, took the hose off the breather and no blowback, worth an experiment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

You have to think the pumps outlet is a good 25 to 30mm in width the breether hose is only about 8mm what goes in must come out in volume liquid for air the air will compress and build pressure which probably forces fuel up and out the filler hose makes sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    I have been getting blowback to the point where I don’t think I am filling the tank to full capacity, took the hose off the breather and no blowback, worth an experiment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Breather fittings usually have a fine wire mesh for flame arresting, check that your's isn't a bit blocked with caked up salt.
    My old Cat used to mist (A Cat Feature), the salt laden air would block the wire mesh breathers, stop the air which resulted in primer bulbs getting sucked flat as a pancake at WOT.

Found this, will have to try and source one.
    https://cleanwayfuelfill.shop/

Smile, it confuses people
    Smile, It confuses people