Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beam Trawler in Pine

Beam Trawler in Pine

For info - I saw what I suspected was a beam trawler in the Pine river just above the M1 bridge where a lot of recreation fishers hang out. Rang the Fisho's hotline to confirm legality of it and appears it is legal except on Sundays.

Re: Beam Trawler in Pine

Been there for years he dragged the net through my Berkley trail one day as I was getting a few fish ,but that stopped that . You would have to wonder how sustainable it is . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thats were your bait comes from Willdoe.

Used to be 6 of them in there in the 70's....all legally
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Been there for years he dragged the net through my Berkley trail one day as I was getting a few fish ,but that stopped that . You would have to wonder how sustainable it is . Matt
    Yep hes pretty rude too I've heard, expecting ppl to get out of his way when they were already prawning/fishing, runs through raping the river. Also isnt him that scuttled his own old boat, the green one, behind the mud island just down from doubles rocks ramp ? Why is he able to just dump his waste like that ? No respect for the place he makes a living from...Ahole.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app

We're did you get your licence from you have to give way to commercial fishing operations, you can be fined for not doing so and you have to give way at a boat ramp too professional fisherman too.

And as far him scuttling his own boat that's structure for fish to hang out at for the smart fishermen to take advantage of at the right time of tide and year.

Beam Trawler in Pine

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    We're did you get your licence from you have to give way to commercial fishing operations, you can be fined for not doing so and you have to give way at a boat ramp too professional fisherman too.

And as far him scuttling his own boat that's structure for fish to hang out at for the smart fishermen to take advantage of at the right time of tide and year.
    I’m anchored, what’s your problem he’s just a rude prick they aren’t entitled to run into an anchored boat , where did you get your license they don’t own the water ways and should have their licences revoked as its unsustainable in the pine . Times change bugger the pros . Matt

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I’m anchored, what’s your problem he’s just a rude prick they aren’t entitled to run into an anchored boat , where did you get your license they don’t own the water ways and should have their licences revoked as its unsustainable in the pine . Times change bugger the pros . Matt
    One trawler is unsustainable in the Pine River??
    FFS there used to be 6 of them in there every season and never touched the stocks each year.
    I think you would get a shock at the total catch of rec net throwers per season.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    One trawler is unsustainable in the Pine River??
    FFS there used to be 6 of them in there every season and never touched the stocks each year.
    I think you would get a shock at the total catch of rec net throwers per season.
    Yeah one is too many and is not sustainable in the 21 st century, how do you come to the conclusion that it’s some how sustainable now even with just one . Get them out and go back to the brissy river to trawl . Matt

Matt i got my licence from the brisbane port authority from the habour master and if he was that close why didn't you report it as that's your obligation to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Matt i got my licence from the brisbane port authority from the habour master and if he was that close why didn't you report it as that's your obligation to do so.
    I don’t understand what point you are trying to make but it’s way of subject as in trawlers in the pine , so getting your licence from the friggin harbour mater means what ?

If you read back you asked were I got my licence from so I told you were.

This thread is exactly why i do not and will not contribute on this forum any more.

Quote Originally Posted by catfishkid View Post
    This thread is exactly why i do not and will not contribute on this forum any more.
    Why? Fear of beam trawlers? Or cant accept reality?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Everyone has an opinion Catfishkid. Dont be afraid to express it. .Doesnt matter if its different to mine, that just means you are wrong,but youre still allowed to have an opinion
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..