Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beam Trawler in Pine

Re: Beam Trawler in Pine

Quote Originally Posted by catfishkid View Post
    This thread is exactly why i do not and will not contribute on this forum any more.
    But you just did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    We're did you get your licence from you have to give way to commercial fishing operations, you can be fined for not doing so and you have to give way at a boat ramp too professional fisherman too.

And as far him scuttling his own boat that's structure for fish to hang out at for the smart fishermen to take advantage of at the right time of tide and year.
    Give way at the ramp? is that really in the QLD laws somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Give way at the ramp? is that really in the QLD laws somewhere?
    I can’t find reference to it in the regs ,Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yes it is in law its just like on the beach you have to give way to netters and if they ring you in there net you have to lift anchor and motor and drift over the net just ring the fisheries they will tell you and fine you when you interfere with commercial fishing operations.

99% of the time netters don't need to ask to launch or retrieve before you because there more active outside of normal hours, its all about them getting there catch to sale or to freezers as quickly as possible and launching to catch the tide, not my rules its fisheries rules and by all means if you all don't like profession fisherman why don't you all go up to them and tell them too there faces.

Yes it is in law its just like on the beach you have to give way to netters and if they ring you in there net you have to lift anchor and motor and drift over the net just ring the fisheries they will tell you and fine you when you interfere with commercial fishing operations.

99% of the time netters don't need to ask to launch or retrieve before you because there more active outside of normal hours, its all about them getting there catch to sale or to freezers as quickly as possible and launching to catch the tide, not my rules its fisheries rules and by all means if you all don't like profession fisherman why don't you all go up to them and tell them too there faces.
    Link?

Cheers Matt

Fair dinkum,
    I haven't posted on here for ages because of all the unnecessary crap that used to go on, first 15mins back and first thread i read and here we are again....oh well, It was nice to be back even if it was short. Happy fishing everybody, stay safe and look out for each other.
    Jewie..

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    Fair dinkum,
    I haven't posted on here for ages because of all the unnecessary crap that used to go on, first 15mins back and first thread i read and here we are again....oh well, It was nice to be back even if it was short. Happy fishing everybody, stay safe and look out for each other.
    Jewie..
    It’s not too bad, just the pro vs rec argument that is as old as time itself and won’t be going anywhere anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

I would like to see the rule that states that rec fisho's need to give right away to professionals on a public boat ramp also?

It is the same with most things in life there are rules upon rules but more times than not all that is required is a bit of common sense from both sides!

And before you shoot me down I can speak from each side having been involved in both (commercial/rec).

As for it not being sustainable, get with the times of course it is if it's managed correctly!

Same as green zones, closures, bag limits and the like it is all in the grand plan of sustainable fishing for the future.

Just relax people, nobody owns the water any more than another and we all have a right to utilise it legally!

Quote Originally Posted by Watto79 View Post
    I would like to see the rule that states that rec fisho's need to give right away to professionals on a public boat ramp also?

It is the same with most things in life there are rules upon rules but more times than not all that is required is a bit of common sense from both sides!

And before you shoot me down I can speak from each side having been involved in both (commercial/rec).

As for it not being sustainable, get with the times of course it is if it's managed correctly!

Same as green zones, closures, bag limits and the like it is all in the grand plan of sustainable fishing for the future.

Just relax people, nobody owns the water any more than another and we all have a right to utilise it legally!
    True Watto. Common sense writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Watto79 View Post

I recon you’ll be waiting a while before he manages to dig that one out of his arse. Your last sentence is on the money.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I can’t find reference to it in the regs ,Matt

Its in the recreational fishing rules and regulations of queensland in Sale of fish and other prohibitions ....... miscellaneous prohibitions ...... Obstructing lawful netting operations.

Its in the recreational fishing rules and regulations of queensland in Sale of fish and other prohibitions ....... miscellaneous prohibitions ...... Obstructing lawful netting operations.
    I really don’t care ,get over it mate . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......