Thread: Garmin G3 - Best of Bluechart and Navionics combined...but when for Aus?

Garmin G3 - Best of Bluechart and Navionics combined...but when for Aus?

Hi all,

Any word on when this new map range from Garmin will be available in Australia?

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

Re: Garmin G3 - Best of Bluechart and Navionics combined...but when for Aus?

Good question.

But. How much do you need the detail if QuickDraw will make its own detailed contour maps?

Fishing or boating in a new area, the detail could be useful. But how often is that needed vs the cost of the map upgrade?
    When my wife calls, tell her I'm in "Ah Me Ting"

Ah Me Ting = 2019 Quintrex 420 Renegade (Tohatsu 50hp 2 Stroke)

I was told possibly available around September

Any news on the G3 blue charts combined with Navionics for Australia. Apparently pretty average in the usa?

I emailed Garmin last week. They estimated Q1 2020.

yep
    So it was planned to be released in q3 this year however because of all of QLDs green zones being a bit tricky. they delayed the launch untill Q1 2020 to make sure it was good. and then G3VISION will be released just after

Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au