Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which tinny to buy new and 4 stroke.

Re: Which tinny to buy new and 4 stroke.

Yep. Still have the original filament bulb lights on a 2008 trailer. No sign of letting go yet. Touch wood.
    And yes. I had to rewire this boat also. It was a disgraceful effort as delivered. Just waiting for a drop of moisture to fail completely. Not talking about the renegade here, tho I have fixed a few suss joins here and there on it as well.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks like the best selling small boat in Australia are built bad using 2nd class workmanship and the cheepest parts available, i must say a couple of boat dealers did worn me this would happen being told to me here i didn't believe them but maybe they are the honest ones the wrnty reads well.

It will be fine, there is thousands on them around, and most of them are perfectly OK, just by the numbers out there, the odds are that someone will have a problem of some sort, and post it on some Internet forum, I am more than happy with mine, and thinking of upgrading in size, and will get another one, simply because of value for what you get, and they do everything I want.

You might find minor issues (like lights leaking etc) but the dealer should honour the warranty. Mine did at least.
    The only other issues I found with mine was some of the heat shrink hadn't been shrunk enough to make a good seal on some joins on the trailer. Easy fix. And the dealer found one of the bolts on the trailer was snapped when I first went to pick it up. Also the battery didn't seem to hold a charge. Minor things you might find on any new rig. All fixed under warranty. As with any new trailer, I suggest you check any heatshrink on it before you dunk it tho. And if your trailer has those good looking mags, remove the centre cover and wash and inspect the bearing buddies often. I didn't do it enough and they corroded. Replaced with new stainless ones and threw the covers away. They didn't fit with the new buddies anyway.
    Enjoy it. I luv mine and so does everyone I take out in it. Like Noelm, I want to upgrade too. Wouldn't hesitate buying another if/when funds allow.

Cheers

Hope you enjoy the new rig hilly, such a feeling of excitement those first few times out. Let us know how she's (its) going.

Blog Entries

Ill let you all know, like i said i went from a 0 Yamaha to a 70 now i have been told 75 is the way to go geez how fast do you want to go apart another $2,200 i blown my budget by 6 grand already boats are like woman you can spend a fortune on them and they always want more.

thats because the new merc 75 is a 2.1 liter engine versus the yamaha at 996cc
    the new merc uses the same block from 75 to 150 where the yamaha uses the same for 50 60 70

if the transom weight can handle it always buy the biggest capacity block for hp required

yamaha is 120kg merc 163kg
    if its in transom weight id go the merc

Old chinese proverb.... If it has tyres, tits or a transom it will cost you heaps.

Blog Entries

It's hard to stop spending $$$ on a new boat, because every thing you see you want my budget was 28 grand knowing a radio sounder and minn kota would cost me to, other things also came along like getting a 70hp not a 60 i expected $2,500 for minn kota and sounder cost $5,150 ++++ on other extras all me im a pig, but im old and won't ever buy another, so why not ware out all my rods and reels thanks all for your advice and coments on my new toy cheers, GR HILLY.

Plenty of 1 year old rigs with all the fruir for sale out there

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    It's hard to stop spending $$$ on a new boat, because every thing you see you want my budget was 28 grand knowing a radio sounder and minn kota would cost me to, other things also came along like getting a 70hp not a 60 i expected $2,500 for minn kota and sounder cost $5,150 ++++ on other extras all me im a pig, but im old and won't ever buy another, so why not ware out all my rods and reels thanks all for your advice and coments on my new toy cheers, GR HILLY.
    Get it right first time mate , that’s what I did with my bluefin everything from new no stuffing around and sold it for a little less than I paid after 14 years of constant use . I still get photos from the bloke that bought it he loved the fact it was good to go anywhere with all the gear .
    When I buy another boat I’m going to do the same thing ,get everything straight up no stuffing around . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

merc 135, 150 is 3.0 litre.
    Same eng from 75 to 115 which is 2.1 litre.

Blog Entries

But i weigh over 130kg to so i think that 40 kg might hinder the poor little hull any way ill never use all that power im old.cheers G R HILLY.-

Blog Entries

I bit the bullet today and im uping the Yamaha from 70 to 75 hp and i think by the advice i have been given it's th right thing to do.
    cheers all thanks for your help,G R Hilly.

Good on you mate you’re going to love it. I’m keen on a boat but too trigger shy