Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which tinny to buy new and 4 stroke.

Re: Which tinny to buy new and 4 stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    Mate i am going nuts, i had a Quintrex 460 Renegade sorted powered by a 70 Suzuki, iwasnt wrapped on the colour white whith black sides however i had the feeling that they could bust on price, $33,990 was fhe asking price i also told him i wanted a Minn Cota i~pilot fitted to,he quoted me $3,890 for that so whilst he was working out details i worked out what i wanted to pay for the fig, my offer was $35,000 he said 36,500 and i then told him my price, he said he would get back to me in 1 hour, well from 9am i waited as time went buy i was getting humpy but i now by3pm was not going to pay 1 cent more, 430 the phone rang he said he was sorry but the best price his boss would let him do was $35,250 and i said no bloody fool me, so still hunting ill post when im successful. cheers G R
    Hilly
    Have you looked at the Stacer or Savage versions and checked the price?

Apart from maybe the Seajay, I wouldn't be parting with 35K for any of the tinnies mentioned so far...

Just a suggestion but this is what I'd be buying..a proper plate boat with one of the best riding hulls around, a sealed deck, kill tank, live bait tank etc ,not a tinny.....stick a 90hp on her and a Minn kota on the front and you will still have change from your 35K....and you have a boat that can do offshore and reef as well....

https://gospelboats.en.alibaba.com/p...2a873d21O13ZOC

While your at it have a look at these , Col still builds a great boat .
    https://www.svenssonboats.com.au/nq5...le-series.html
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

yep Bluefin...thats a good option.....here is one fully kitted out and with a Minn Kota around that Mid 30K price...……..I know which I'd rather out of this plate boat and a mass produced renegade tinny..

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/boyn...oat/1218140647

Both those boats are somewhat bigger and heavier than his original brief (I think) , a 4.6 Quintrex is not in the same ballpark as a 5.4m Svenson, not sure about the Gospel, can't say I have ever seen one, or know anyone who has one.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    yep Bluefin...thats a good option.....here is one fully kitted out and with a Minn Kota around that Mid 30K price...……..I know which I'd rather out of this plate boat and a mass produced renegade tinny..

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/boyn...oat/1218140647
    But it's 6 years old, hardly new! Not saying it's not an option, but it once again is deviating from the plan.

Noel, the Gospel boat is just from one of the Chinese factories that Noble International are built in....so you get that beautiful deep V, reverse chine hull and well kitted out as standard ..

Yeah I agree about deviating from the plan a bit....and are we counting bowsprits in the length here or not...lol....the 4.6 renegade has a total length of 4.9m if that's the case..and any boat becomes secondhand the day you pick it up from the dealer anyway...

Just seems to me that 35K is an awful lot for a little mass produced tinny with no motorwell in the back.....

The renegade has a motor well, and I do agree 100% about the other boats, but, they are worlds apart, 35 grand does seem a tad high, but I haven't priced one for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    While your at it have a look at these , Col still builds a great boat .
    https://www.svenssonboats.com.au/nq5...le-series.html
    A lot of bang for your buck in those packages. heavier gauge, floatation etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    The renegade has a motor well,.
    You sure about that .?...all I can see is a cut out transom.....

http://www.quintrex.com.au/aluminium.../460renegadesc

There is a funny looking well that joins the back of the rear seat/storage, the water doesn't just come over the back into the boat, it goes into the well and drains back outside, unless they have changed it recently, I was in my mates today (tiller steer)

You can see it in the overhead shot in the add you posted.

Holy cow Noel ...they call that a motorwell…?....

Yep, it's actually a "feature" probably more like a saucer than a well, but that's what it is.

But again ain’t top of the range

It’s why they sell so many and take sales away from the top Enders and hornet trophy’s etc. as they are 8-10k cheaper