Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1 July 2019 deadline - carb 2 strokes no longer to be sold - any good deals??

Re: 1 July 2019 deadline - carb 2 strokes no longer to be sold - any good deals??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    Its not clean at any cost, its at some cost for sure. But whats the cost of not turning a bit more green? Its the same f*****d arguement that never dies.
    Andy I run a 2 stroke. Don't use it often. I do other things I won't bother going into that FAR more than offset that use in terms of pollution and green house gases.

Overall though if people are level headed and attack emissions in a considered and methodical way we will get there. But our contribution is so small compared to the rest of the world playing Chicken Little in Aust is not productive. Plus telling people who do give a shit that they don't is counterproductive.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Re: 1 July 2019 deadline - carb 2 strokes no longer to be sold - any good deals??

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    . But our contribution is so small compared to the rest of the world playing Chicken Little in Aust is not productive.

Cheers

My point is that my taxes are so small, maybe I shouldn't pay any, you know , i contribute so little. Like 0.001%. It makes 2.75% look like a big effort.
    How is the argument any different?

We all do our bit as best as we can. It takes individuals to own up to their behaviour for any progress to be made. Sometimes we need a nudge, ie emission controls.
    I never said dont use a car or carbie motor. We got what we got, but thats no reason to have no ambition or thought when we next buy. The car I drive is less polluting than my first car and the next one will be even better. I am sure the current 2 stroke carbie models are much better than the ones made in 1975 too. And I recon these tiny motors dont pollute as much as a 300hp whatever. Sure some perspective

I am sure chipped blue stone makes for a good axe head as well. Some people will swear black and blue its the best ever. OK OK, i jest now, but you get my drift..
    Look, i am just holding up a mirror and sometimes we dont like what we see or refuse to see whats really there and play tricks with ourselves. Thats the human condition. It creates great things and destroys everything. Its like on saturday, we voted back a government who's claim to fame is economic management. The fact that they pissed $100b into the wind and doubled the deficit just wasnt a concern, FEAR of the other side trumped everything. How much shit can we tolerate and how long do we turn a blind eye before we act ? ( i am sure other issues had an influence as well)
    Thats humans for you, irrational and illogical yet cant live without em.
    Happy boating while we can and dont feel guilty. It just may not last .

Andy that voting was a crock of crap everyone i know voted for labor... yet libs win

We as humans are destroying the world however we are making improvements to slow it down i think Australia does its good bit of deed but their are other countries that couldnt careless can u imagine all the polution in countries with millions of carburetor scooters they have no end in sight

So no one else thinks that delaying the legislation to allow the same people that pushed for it (OEDA or whatever the current acronym is) to sell the stock they got caught with is a bit hypocritical on their part.

yeah makes perfect sense to me, spot on

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Andy that voting was a crock of crap everyone i know voted for labor... yet libs win

We as humans are destroying the world however we are making improvements to slow it down i think Australia does its good bit of deed but their are other countries that couldnt careless can u imagine all the polution in countries with millions of carburetor scooters they have no end in sight
    Must be rigged...

Cheers

Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Scottar i think they should be stuck with the stock but as u can see Aussie businesses are struggling alot are or have closed down so are probably extending the time limit as to minimise all businesses losses

15 million people voted i doubt you know them all and obviously they all didn't vote labor

and andy a 25hp 2 stroke would most likely put out more emissions then a 300hp four stroke per litre of fuel going off the 40% worse number that gets used in research papers
    but cool rant anyway

I dont follow politics at all matter of a fact i dont even know who our new prime mister is i just know who i voted for didnt win

In my honest opinion a Aboriginal should be elected prine minister if it were a women even better

Steve i was speaking hyperthetically

Fun read.
    Time to weigh in with my personal experience.
    I just replaced a 92 Suzuki DT115 with a 15 model DF140A.
    The 115 was an awesome motor. Reliable, kicked over first time every time, started and idled like a 4 stroke.
    Was surprisingly economical, pushing a 17ft seafarer, heavy glass boat about 1.6-1.7km per litre.
    The only thing was it was always in the back of my mind that it was a 26yr old motor. Every little noise, vibration, quirk, whatever would have me on edge, wondering if today was the day it would finally call it quits.
    It never gave me a reason not to trust it, but it made me nervous at times anyway......
    My main reason for the upgrade was reliability. The extra comfort, silence, smoothness, economy and lack of smoke was just a bonus.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app

Yeah good point Fordy i could tollarate 2 stroke outboard smoke but didnt like it kind of chokes u after a few hours downrigging u go home with a sore throat

Love the smell of 2 stroke motocross bikes tho

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I dont follow politics at all matter of a fact i dont even know who our new prime mister is i just know who i voted for didnt win

In my honest opinion a Aboriginal should be elected prine minister if it were a women even better
    Gazza, would you expect her to have some particular qualifications or experience...?...or would just any aboriginal women be Ok in the new job..?..In your opinion as a representative labour voter of course...?....

About the only thing I'd agree with you on is the beautiful smell of 2 stroke racing fuel in the morning...

Been down a kind of similar thing at work, they were looking for a new director, but wanted a woman, now I have absolutely nothing against the director being a woman, but, the best "person" for the job might not have been female, makes no sense to me, if the best person for Prime Minister happens to be a female Aboriginal, then so be it, but to select on that criteria is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Gazza, would you expect her to have some particular qualifications or experience...?...or would just any aboriginal women be Ok in the new job..?..In your opinion as a representative labour voter of course...?....

About the only thing I'd agree with you on is the beautiful smell of 2 stroke racing fuel in the morning...
    I'm sure an Aboriginal Women without and education would run this country better than a white Australian prime ministers who lie there asses off and go back on what they say year after year same crap... but to say that there are some very highly educated Aboriginal people in the community my family are just average white looking Aborignal's and my sister is just finishing her uni degree in counselling than she is going on to study law at uni while shes working a 4 day a week job and raising 3 kids as a single parent

yeah look at how well thats working for nz with winston peters screwing both sides of politics

https://www.icac.nsw.gov.au/investig...ration-skyline
    corruption everywhere, our politicians are set up to fail as all they focus on is staying in power over making hard decisions that may be unpopular

i would not want a uneducated person of any colour as prime minister.