Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 1 July 2019 deadline - carb 2 strokes no longer to be sold - any good deals??

Re: 1 July 2019 deadline - carb 2 strokes no longer to be sold - any good deals??

while they have some catch up to do , the chinese will get their product out, they copy of the japenese, and the japenese used to copy the americans, look at when mercury started their outboards, no jap outboards that time, they copied it and advanced their product. china will be the same

Re: 1 July 2019 deadline - carb 2 strokes no longer to be sold - any good deals??

I reckon Parsun will start selling these higher HP Chinese engines once the carby 2 strokes are phased out

so looks like parsun is a yamaha clone, branded as seanovo elsewhere. the other brand "Hideo" cant say but looks like they only go up to 60 HP. bet ya as the cows come home so shall these motors start showing up.

If Vortex starts selling these new China 4 strokes i think they might sell a few if price is right they sold a fair few of the 2 strokes

Hold the ink

Emissions standards that would have pulled carburettored two-strokes off the market have been delayed.

Thanks to the new government with its pollute at your leisure attitude, you can still buy these . Am i pissed ? not really, we as a species are doing our utmost to self destruct while some may get a cheapie. What can one say that hasn't been said already?

some breaking news indeed.

No biggie...its just to allow remaining stock on hand to be sold....no more will be imported...

https://www.boatsales.com.au/editori...cution-117860/

I did also read this though and found it quite shocking..it turns out my hatred off these horridly annoying machines is quite justified....

"When it comes to jet skis, the Californian Environment Protection Agency claimed operating an older personal watercraft for seven hours would produce the same amount of pollution as driving a new car for more than 160,000km."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    Hold the ink

Emissions standards that would have pulled carburettored two-strokes off the market have been delayed.

Thanks to the new government with its pollute at your leisure attitude, you can still buy these . Am i pissed ? not really, we as a species are doing our utmost to self destruct while some may get a cheapie. What can one say that hasn't been said already?
    Them there is fighting words. Clean at any cost given Australia's contribution levels is just not on. Sensibly going clean (ie at a cost this country can afford) is the key.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

stop fishing altogether then if so concerned
    towing it there with your turbo diesel whatever, unnecessary tyre wear depositing rubber in the environment
    the local servo with its 24/7 pie warmer wasting electricity to give to you food poisoning at 4 am on the way to have a fish

outboards are just a part of this past time causing pollution

Wow hold up food poisining from 7 11's pie haha i thought i was the only one to squirt water for 4 days LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Them there is fighting words. Clean at any cost given Australia's contribution levels is just not on. Sensibly going clean (ie at a cost this country can afford) is the key.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Its not clean at any cost, its at some cost for sure. But whats the cost of not turning a bit more green? Its the same f*****d arguement that never dies.

Stevej, thats a lame post. Its wrong on so many levels, i will just leave it at that. Yea , it was Don's party revisited on the weekend, lol. Mass indifference to our problems wont make them go away. A steady improvement is all i ask.

Your sticking your head in the sand if you think your outboard choice is going to save the world.

From the bait you use to the line you discard when it’s past it’s usable life fishing has consequences
    Lots of environmentally unfriendly choices have been made when you decide to have many hobbies.

I use to replace the line on my game reels every year that’s 12 penn internationals worth of mono all sent to the tip

Go on and correct me or why bother replying

I guess we all polute to varying degrees, unless you walk around in hemp shorts and sandals made out of sticks and leaves, we all have a TV, all use electric lights, all buy food in plastic containers (just because you recycle them doesn't mean they just vanish) we cook on a stove fueled by gas or electricity, mow lawns with petrol mowers, it's never ending, short of moving back to caves, we can't just be selective on what we "clean" up, how many hairy armpit tree huggers drive to protests in a car? it's just modern life, move on, nothing to see here!

This entire bash up on 2 stroke never really had to happen. Most ignorant people to two stroke engines probably have not realized that in recent times with advances in synthetic 2 stroke oils we have seen many recommended ratios come down by half in many cases. This includes outdoor power equipment etc right down to your old Victa where with synthetic oil you can run your old Victa 2 stroke powertorque at 50 :1 as opposed to the way back where using a mineral oil it would be 25 :1

With continued clever design and manufacturing two stroke powered engines could have a very long future but big business and policy makers go hand in hand , or is that cap in hand !!!!!!!.

Anyways just my thoughts.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent