Thread: Hards 6/7 May

Hards 6/7 May

Gday guys, just a quick report from yesterday’s overnight trip. The original plan was to do a day trip on Tuesday but at lunch time Monday we decided to go early. We left Caloundra at 2.00pm and jigged plenty of yakkas out the front. It was a very easy and pretty quick trip. We were 87km from the bar at 5.15pm and sounded around looking unsuccessfully for fish. We tried lots of marks and some new rocks for 1 squire. We eventually anchored up and fished until 10.30pm and went to bed with 1 trag, 1 Moses perch and 1 squire.
    I got up at 5.00am and dropped the old bait over and straight onto a nice snapper. The nice snapper kept coming for quite some time with plenty of quality fish released. We got our 8 with 2, 70cm+ models kept. A few other fish were caught but mainly the snapper. At about 8.30am the ocean went from glassy flat to reasonably sloppy in 30 minutes from a stiff SW wind. We tidied up out there and left at 9.20am and was back inside the bar about 11.45am.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9863.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	119160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9852.JPG 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	119161Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9850.JPG 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	119162
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Hards 6/7 May

Thanks for the report.
    Good to know the snapper are starting to show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good feed there well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice mate well done on the knobbies
    Don't seem to get much after dark on those reefs
    Thanks for the report

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers

Trev