Thread: NE of Mooloolaba

NE of Mooloolaba

Did a trip last Saturday 15knot NE for most of day with rain squalls.
    We put together a feed - SWMBO got plenty of her favourite tuskfish and Lockie took home a few snapper - he also had on a marlin for 30 minutes - plenty of air-born stuff
    Was a good day in trying conditions
    First hour of return trip home was 25knot SW front hit on top of a 1.5m NE swell - made for some messy wet stuff at 20kph slamming into 1.5m troughs on a very confused sea. After leaving the squall the sea flattened to a 50kph run home
    Attachment 119150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	119151Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0036.jpg 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	119152
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	119154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	119153  
    Cheers

Trev

Re: NE of Mooloolaba

Nice mate. Good looking fish.

Have you ever mucked around just outside the seaway there? I had some mates up there yesterday and tuna busting up but no luck on fly, placcies or fast cranked slugs. Tricky tuna.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Good effort well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post

Have you ever mucked around just outside the seaway there? I had some mates up there yesterday and tuna busting up but no luck on fly, placcies or fast cranked slugs. Tricky tuna.

Cheers

One of the blokes at work had a similar result in the bay over Easter - fish busting up everywhere around the boat but nothing worked. Feeding on very small bait - 20mm or so apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post

Cheers

On the way back stopped right next to some feeding tuna and threw a 1/2x1/4 at them and they immediately sounded as if it scared them

I used to fish Central Coast NSW and always at the beginning of the season we would get very big mackerel tuna and they would be feeding on a fish we called match-sticks. We would get these tuna on small white slugs 3cm long on ABU baitcasters and flick sticks - end of the day you would have RSI after spending 45 minutes on each of these 10-13kg tuna.

I can't be bothered with that these days for any tuna unless it's a 45kg plus YFT and I have only seen them once on the shelf and no I didn't have gear for them then - do now Stella 10 000 and 16 000 plus plugs and lures to suit casting at big fish on the shelf
    Cheers

Trev