Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BRP buys telwater

BRP buys telwater

Re: BRP buys telwater

As long as my arsehole points to the ground (I sleep on my back) I will not buy another BRP product,looks to be a whole line of Australian products about to be bastardised.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    As long as my arsehole points to the ground (I sleep on my back) I will not buy another BRP product,looks to be a whole line of Australian products about to be bastardised.
    Do you have a link about your BRP drama's..?...I'm tossing up between a few motors and a G2 Etec with 10 year warranty looks inviting..

Which dealer are you considering to service the G2?
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    My closest dealer is in Tully, Chimo….

i wonder if they will force quintrex dealers to fit etecs as they cant force them to buy them fitted as transporting smaller boats they stack them for cheaper freight ?.
    i guess if you want more market share or greater brand acceptance you have to take these measures

ill never buy another quintrex new if forced to have a etec

Telwater have been the Australian distributor for Evinrude for over 3 years now anyway....I recently got a quote for just a Yellowfin hull and trailer/no motor....so I don't see why that would change...they are not going to not sell a boat and trailer just because the customer doesn't want an Etec….however you would think they may offer better incentives to dealers and customers to put more Etecs on the back of Telwater boats...just like the specials recently and the 10 yr warranty..

yamaha finance is also a factor in why so many engines of theirs get sold
    easiest finance offered by any importer

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Do you have a link about your BRP drama's..?...I'm tossing up between a few motors and a G2 Etec with 10 year warranty looks inviting..
    Mate I have no experience with their outboards,my nightmare is a Can Am.

So the second rate Telwater joins with the globally suffering BRP......some number crunching ahead.
    Jack.

10 year's warranty that in it's self should sell a Etec shit that Etec i just had would still be under warranty had it been a 10 year reassurance

Stevej would u rather them unstack the boats, transport them individually than charge the purchaser more just because it were singly towed from A to B? they are reducing cost on shipping so there workmanship doesn't

Their is nothing wrong with stacking boats on a big trailer for shipping if the boat arrives in normal new condition than what's the fuss?

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Hey Chimo,
    My 2010 130 gen1 Etec has been serviced from Downes marine with currently 800 odd hours on her. Not one issue. I’m looking at the gen2 150 next year for a re-power do you know something about the gen2 service that others don’t in regards to service providers?
    Just don’t want to spend the coin if the service for the gen2’s won’t be local.

You hit the nail on the head regarding your dealer.

If you have a good one then there appears to be no reason to avoid Etecs as the BRP warranty support is claimed to be pretty good.

The next question is really about the dealer up north who is proposed to be used. I know nothing about him / her so cannot comment.

Glad to hear you are having a good run with yours Ducksnutz, now with the proposal by BRP to buy Telwater perhaps the training of techs will be easier and even more local ( I didn't know it wasn't local at the moment, do they have to travel to Canada or the US now?)

What HP G2 are you looking at ?

C
    C
    What could go wrong.......................

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    i wonder if they will force quintrex dealers to fit etecs as they cant force them to buy them fitted as transporting smaller boats they stack them for cheaper freight ?.
    i guess if you want more market share or greater brand acceptance you have to take these measures

ill never buy another quintrex new if forced to have a etec
    I do not think transport is the reason they don't force dealers ATM. The reason is, currently many Quintrex dealers are dealers for other brands of motors. Those dealers have exclusive arrangements for those motors (i.e. just like you don't see new Ford cars and Holden cars sold at the same car dealership). I can't see that changing with the motor arrangements.

Ausfish Bronze Member Ah Me Ting's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    yamaha finance is also a factor in why so many engines of theirs get sold
    easiest finance offered by any importer
    Yep.

Just don't miss a payment!

Heard some horror stories.

Bit like the interest free payment plans from some retailers.

All good while payments are made on time, in full.

First default, and interest rates jack up (by way of huge fees and charges for 'administration'), from there on your chasing ya tail.

A mate had finance for his outbound a few years ago. List his job, missed a payment by 3 days. Kept paying, but had to sell his boat due to job loss. Cone time to settle to clear debt for clear title to buyer, he finds out he owes more than his motor cost ... After paying it off for 3 years! Explaination was due that one missed payment, the ongoing fees and charges (interest disguised as admin fees) had been slightly more than his monthly payment.

So, yeah, just watch the 'easy' finance option.