Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BRP buys telwater

Re: BRP buys telwater

Fair bit of fine print in 10 year W...see salt water use for example...lot of money to dealer for servicing if used in salt. Corrosion cover do3snt go beyond 5 years. Total hours limited but pretty good for rec users.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Fair bit of fine print in 10 year W...see salt water use for example...lot of money to dealer for servicing if used in salt. Corrosion cover do3snt go beyond 5 years. Total hours limited but pretty good for rec users.

Cheers

Corrosion isn’t covered by any of them or your insurance company , Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Cheers

dont bring logic and commonsense into a etec discussion

I wonder how long before BRP starts outsourcing the Quintrex builds to China...…..I see Gospel boats already does what looks like a Seaspirit copy...….....https://gospelboat.en.alibaba.com/pr...5a206b48qoNTWM

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I wonder how long before BRP starts outsourcing the Quintrex builds to China...…..I see Gospel boats already does what looks like a Seaspirit copy...….....https://gospelboat.en.alibaba.com/pr...5a206b48qoNTWM
    I think Mexico figures heavily in manufacturing their recreational products.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    I think Mexico figures heavily in manufacturing their recreational products.
    Yes I believe they have built several factories and transferred lots of production to Mexico..

It seems to be their blueprint to get some profitability happening....

With Telwater owned Savage boats already being built in a Telwater owned Chinese factory and imported back here.....its hard to see that Aussie production of Quintrex and Stacer wont cease before too long once the number crunchers get busy with the takeover........it only remains to be seen whether the options list will include fried rice or burrito's...

Yes I believe they have built several factories and transferred lots of production to Mexico..

It seems to be their blueprint to get some profitability happening....

With Telwater owned Savage boats already being built in a Telwater owned Chinese factory and imported back here.....its hard to see that Aussie production of Quintrex and Stacer wont cease before too long once the number crunchers get busy with the takeover........it only remains to be seen whether the options list will include fried rice or burrito's...
    Why the cynicism? You already own a phone made in china. Parts of the car you drive are made in china. A lot of cars we drive are made in Thailand. A lot of building materials we use are made in china. I just think that its time to put these stereo types to bed. If its made to a standard, it doesnt matter where its made.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    Why the cynicism? You already own a phone made in china. Parts of the car you drive are made in china. A lot of cars we drive are made in Thailand. A lot of building materials we use are made in china. I just think that its time to put these stereo types to bed. If its made to a standard, it doesnt matter where its made.
    Andy, I wasn't being cynical.... you have misread my obviously poor attempt at humour …

BTW, I do like both Fried rice AND Burritos very much.

I'm also currently having a boat built in China...

Under supervision the Chinese make some great products. Leave them to their own devices though and the outcome is typically very different IMO.

I think you will find only the Savage fibreglass boats are made overseas, the aluminium ones are (I think) still made here.

I had my motorguide repaired yesterday at a small stacer Mercury Honda dealer

He said he was in the process of negotiating another brand of hull to sell as was receiving instructions that he would be required to sell etecs if he wanted to keep the stacer brand.

His view was their are no bad four strokes just have to pick one to suit your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    He said he was in the process of negotiating another brand of hull to sell as was receiving instructions that he would be required to sell etecs if he wanted to keep the stacer brand.

His view was their are no bad four strokes just have to pick one to suit your boat.
    Strange that he already doesn't sell Etec's as Telwater has been the distributor for some time now and, of course, offer Quinny /stacer factory package deals with etecs on the back........ my local Quinny dealer sells the Etecs as well as yammy...I cant really see that changing...you would reckon BRP would not risk losing an established dealer network..but of course they can certainly offer more incentives to the dealers to push Etecs..

BTW what was wrong with your Motorguide …?

Spoke to my local dealer today while I was buying some hose clamps and he hasn't been told he will have to sell etecs.

Strange that he already doesn't sell Etec's as Telwater has been the distributor for some time now and, of course, offer Quinny /stacer factory package deals with etecs on the back........ my local Quinny dealer sells the Etecs as well as yammy...I cant really see that changing...you would reckon BRP would not risk losing an established dealer network..but of course they can certainly offer more incentives to the dealers to push Etecs..

BTW what was wrong with your Motorguide …?
    gps module was dead out of the box

and noelm don't know his unprompted words when discussing the stacer v my renegade hull differences

Cheers

I bought a package with an ETEC recently. Only a 50hp. I did have issues but that was due to rubbish mechanics at Springwood Marine which you can read my other post. Now that its running I couldn't be happier. I did near on 100km the other day and used 27L of fuel. Im not a loyal ETEC user as I initially wanted a Suzuki but I love it now, especially the power and fuel efficiency. I don't do the my motor is better than yours thing as I think they are all pretty solid these days.

Anyway on another note regarding the warranty, I have the 5 year warranty. Now I was told how awesome it was to have a 5 year warranty and 300hr/3 year until first service is required. This is not actually the case. you get 3 year warranty and in order to get the 5 year warranty it still has to be serviced every 12 months. Now me personally that doesn't bother me because when I am off shore I prefer to know my motor is running fine but my point is I had to find this information out for myself and its in the manual when you look through it.

Cheers