Thread: Sunday 28 April Pine River

Sunday 28 April Pine River

Took the kids for a fish in the Pine River on Sunday. Out at the hornibrook bridge by 0600. Not much happening so son chooses new spot. In comes a 47cm flatty followed by a 37cm Bream over a hour period. Kids decide they wanted to have a splash for a bit as sun is out and quite hot. Daughter then chooses next spot. Starts of slow with two Bream then after a lull my rod gets smashed while trying to untangle my son's wayward cast of the top of my rod. Nearly lost it overboard but after a good fight a 65cm 1.7kg flatty is in the boat. While I was putting it in the Esky my other rod goes off and a 51cm joins the growing catch in the Esky. An awesome day on a river that for various reasons I generally try to avoid
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190428_132803.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	119090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190428_132936.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	119091  

Re: Sunday 28 April Pine River

Well done , I was out in the same area sunday, in the last 2 trips we have boated around 25 flathead and the biggest was about 42cm..

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Well done , I was out in the same area sunday, in the last 2 trips we have boated around 25 flathead and the biggest was about 42cm..
    Hey Alleycat. Were using bait or other. Just curious as my brother and I are having a 'bait vs softy' fish-off soon.
    My money's on the softies.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TheGurn View Post
    Hey Alleycat. Were using bait or other. Just curious as my brother and I are having a 'bait vs softy' fish-off soon.
    My money's on the softies.

Cheers
    Hi Gurn, we were using plastics, but quite often my wife uses white bait on a small 3 hook rig and drifting will lift it half a metre or so every 10 seconds, she does quite well at times..