Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucinda at Easter

Lucinda at Easter

If anyone is around - I'm doing the big tow from Sydney to Lucinda next week & arriving at the Wanderers Caravan Park on Saturday evening (Easter Saturday) for a weeks fishing.

with a little luck the weather gods will allow a reef trip or several for some GT fishing …. & the odd trout or two - if it doesn't , then it's barra & jacks in the Channel

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Lucinda at Easter

I have room in my freezer for some fillets when you get back!

Me and the wife are in Lucinda caravan park as of Friday till the 18 th ,I bet you arrive on the 19th . Matt
    If you see my van pop in and say hi mate .
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Bugger I just reread your post ,I will be going to Malanda on the 18 th .matt

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Me and the wife are in Lucinda caravan park as of Friday till the 18 th ,I bet you arrive on the 19th . Matt
    If you see my van pop in and say hi mate .
    Late arvo of the 20th
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

holy thats one hell of a trip, 26hrs .may the winds be gentle and eskys become full. happy travels

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    holy thats one hell of a trip, 26hrs .may the winds be gentle and eskys become full. happy travels
    Thanks Catshark ….

I wish it was only 26 . This will be around 32 hrs on the road as I'm picking up a mate in Gin Gin - taking my time with 2 x 9 hours (on my own) then the 14 hr leg to Lucinda
    In the end - with limited holidays …. i'm taking advantage of the 3 public holidays. …… sometimes you've gotta do these things

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Can anyone share where we might be able to catch some squid up there ?

Oh oh and maybe the odd gps mark for a few reefies

much appreciated

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I would like to know what that Van Park is like and Fishing close by??..
    Wish you safe trip on your way up Nagg , drive safe n catch heaps ..

I miss my yearly trips to Lucinda. I need another trailerable boat.

The van park is excellent, as is the pub, as is the fishing. You get the best of everything there, awesome estuary fishing, and a short hop for some awesome reef fishing. I used to tow my 4.5 poly up there every year. Shit weather up the creeks for barra, jack, trev's and some. Good weather and its a short hop to the reefs. Also get macks in and around the sugar loader.

Great place, if you cant catch a fish up there its because you have not left the pub!

BTW, when we used to go up (been a few years), you used to be able to take a fish or 2 to the pub and they would cook it up for you. Hopefully they still do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    I would like to know what that Van Park is like and Fishing close by??..
    Wish you safe trip on your way up Nagg , drive safe n catch heaps ..
    Hey Volvo …. It's a good park . I've stayed there previously in both cabins & sites . …… nice & close to Dungeness boat ramp . This will be my 4th time there .
    To date I've concentrated my fishing up the channel & creeks …… & it hasn't disappointed for barra & jacks …… crabbing has always been outstanding . The sugar loader has a great reputation ….. I've only had a short session there once & hooked up with a very large Spanish which jumped into the Pilon .
    I've really wanted to get out to the reefs ( Bramble , Brittomart & Wreck ) - which are the main targets for this trip . ….. fingers crossed for the weather gods .

Thanks for the sentiments …. hopefully the fish will come - more than anything , I'm getting a chance to spend time with a mate that I haven't caught up with for 5 or 6 years

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    I miss my yearly trips to Lucinda. I need another trailerable boat.

The van park is excellent, as is the pub, as is the fishing. You get the best of everything there, awesome estuary fishing, and a short hop for some awesome reef fishing. I used to tow my 4.5 poly up there every year. Shit weather up the creeks for barra, jack, trev's and some. Good weather and its a short hop to the reefs. Also get macks in and around the sugar loader.

Great place, if you cant catch a fish up there its because you have not left the pub!

BTW, when we used to go up (been a few years), you used to be able to take a fish or 2 to the pub and they would cook it up for you. Hopefully they still do the same.
    It seems to have been a popular destination ….. I certainly like the place but it fell of the radar when I started to go for Island camping - thankfully a mate reminded me & well … here I am - heading back after 6 years.

Hopefully we get the chance to head out wide …..

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    It seems to have been a popular destination ….. I certainly like the place but it fell of the radar when I started to go for Island camping - thankfully a mate reminded me & well … here I am - heading back after 6 years.

Hopefully we get the chance to head out wide …..

Chris
    Hi Chris and Andy
    Thanks for the info on Lucinda. I will add this fishing destination to my already long bucket list. Sounds perfect for my 4.1 poly, inshore of course. Safe travels over Easter Chris. Still can't believe you travel that far for 2 weeks fishing. Hope I can join you one day in FNQ. Cheers SS.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seastrength View Post
    Hi Chris and Andy
    Thanks for the info on Lucinda. I will add this fishing destination to my already long bucket list. Sounds perfect for my 4.1 poly, inshore of course. Safe travels over Easter Chris. Still can't believe you travel that far for 2 weeks fishing. Hope I can join you one day in FNQ. Cheers SS.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app
    1 weeks fishing even 1 day on the reef & it will be all worth it

Ta for the sentiments

Yes Lucinda is certainly worth a look …… specially if the weather plays nice

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Weather has been windy most of the boats in the van park are stationary, launching and heading up the channel is the go at the moment. But wet as at hinchinbrook island it’s amazing to see it raining and grey there all day .
    Few more boats turned up today and parked up , these blokes are going home to get the van or camper for next week apparently the park will be full next weekend.