Thread: Tinny for a newbie?

Tinny for a newbie?

Hi guys, looking for a tinny and motor, not too sure, never owned one. Basically looking at something big enough for 4, one Adult and 3 kids oldest is 17, don't have a license so that could be a problem? Any help with what I should do would be appreciated

Re: Tinny for a newbie?

First up, get a license, it's not hard, a tinny to suit 4, a 17 year old is not exactly a kid, will need to be around 4.2m or bigger, and if any speed is required 30 or more HP, there's plenty around if you start looking.

Yeah go get a licence first, my first tinny was a 3.9 Stacer Seasprite with a 30hp Mariner and was big enough for 4 people cruising around the creeks! With the crap weather we have had for offshore I wish I never sold it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Where are you located and whats your budget?

I know where there is a beauty at the moment that you could consider, actually two depending where you are .
    What could go wrong.......................

Both you and the 17 year old do a license course together - easy as. Boat choice - 4.5m -5 metres in my book. Anything smaller will be a very crowded little tub.

Cheers for the replies fellas, yep will have to get me and the oldest our licences. Mother in law is building down the sunny coast, so most likely target all the estuaries up there.

Easy (most of the time) access to offshore at Mooloolaba too. Good mackeral fishing at times, if the budget and storage space allows.