Thread: DF50 not fireing

DF50 not fireing

Hi all i've not run the motor since my last service i've drained the old fuel out of the tanks and set up fresh fuel in a tote tank but no go,i can get it running by spraying fuel into the intake but want run by itself,im gathering the hi preasure pump is stuffed by the old fuel or a censer that fires the injectors is not working, any had this problem before or any other ideas getting it in fore a service again before easter will be hard pressed i think.

Re: DF50 not fireing

Simple but did u prime the fuel hose?

Yes the fuel is up to the vapour seperator and to the fuel rail.

Have you checked the sparkplugs, if not replace and eliminate as they can cause all sorts of grief masquerading as more serious problems.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Hi all i've not run the motor since my last service .
    I would be hitting up whoever did the service.....
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

It’s unbelievable how many motors start playing up immediately after a service, myself have had issues where fuel lines have been kinked under the cowling and also plug leads that have been knocked off when they put the cowling back on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Check the forward control is in neutral..

disconnect the kill switch wire and try.
    Jack.

If he can get it running by spraying fuel into the intake, then wouldn’t that negate the throttle control or kill switch suggestion ?

Taken it to the suzuki man and the high pressure pump and fuel pressure regulator is stuffed all from not running the motor for over 12mts,so new parts and sending the injectors away for cleaning $1600 plus fix so you must always run your motor once a month the man said,so much for premium fuels designed to clean your motor when useing it and wreak it when your not useing it.

So all the boats you see in storage yards with 4stroke motor will be in the same boat is they have a vapor separator on the motor .

There appears to be lots of benefits from using 2 stroke motors including long periods between use seems to be OK

Sad information re 4 strokes in this thread ?
    What could go wrong.......................