Thread: outboard trim tab fin setting

outboard trim tab fin setting

I have been having some issues my boat tilting to port especially on hole shot. It is not weight distribution as it sits flat as rest. I have raised the outboard about 3" now using a jack plate which has helped a little, but problem still exists. I have attached a photo of the trim tab setting on my outboard. Is this correct, or could it be contributing to the problem? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: outboard trim tab fin setting

I don't think the little trim tab would have much to do with leaning at take off, it needs water flowing past it to have effect, sounds almost like the motor is max HP and the big prop just "twists" the boat on takeoff, it's pretty simple to adjust it either way just to see what happens, mark it first so you can put it back in the same spot.

The tim tab is for steering only not boat listing mate you coul be over powering the hull causing it to flop to one side or to much nose weight i donno just a guess

Some varying views here Jeremy but there are various resons it could be occuring. Worth a quick read at any rate
    http://www.etecownersgroup.com/post/...8602?&trail=15

Just rereading your first post, is the boat leaning when running straight on the plane, or just at take off? it kind of reads like it's leaning when on the plane too, the trim tab can cause this.