Thread: Baitcasters and plastics

Baitcasters and plastics

Gday all, currently target flathead with plastics and vibes and my gear is 2 stradics and a sol, usually with 4kg braid, thinking of getting a baitcaster, a Shimano stile and just wondering if there will be a difference in casting distance ect, mostly use 1/4 oz heads.
    Am I better of just sticking with my spinning gear or will the baitcaster be a good experience.

Re: Baitcasters and plastics

Don't bother. Way too light for casting. Reduced distance and into any sort of breeze, you will need a black belt in macrame on a regular basis. I love my baitcasters for the right application - this isn't it.

Free Membership

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Wot he said.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Don't bother. Way too light for casting. Reduced distance and into any sort of breeze, you will need a black belt in macrame on a regular basis. I love my baitcasters for the right application - this isn't it.
    A black belt in macramé ….. Excellent !!!

keep your baitcaster loaded with a nice hard body lure and troll between you're favourite locations, you'll be surprised at how many you'll pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    keep your baitcaster loaded with a nice hard body lure and troll between you're favourite locations, you'll be surprised at how many you'll pick up.
    Thanks mate but the Passage is terrible for trolling, too much weed, just on the Shimano stile, I had a play with one and it seemed so silky, my stepson reckons he can cast 30 metres with a 1/4oz jighead and plastic..