Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3rd cylinder is running rough (1995 Mariner 50hp)

Re: 3rd cylinder is running rough (1995 Mariner 50hp)

Now is the time to upgrade if u wanna flog it off everything second hand marine goes cheap in Winter, this is usually the time i buy 4 stroke outboards,jetski's and boats, motorbikes etc... come Summer that price doubles or triples and there is a huge demand for the items

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Now is the time to upgrade if u wanna flog it off everything second hand marine goes cheap in Winter, this is usually the time i buy 4 stroke outboards,jetski's and boats, motorbikes etc... come Summer that price doubles or triples and there is a huge demand for the items
    Just make sure you do a REVS check and maybe avoid overseas eBay sales hey Gaz?

Short its just not my year mate i got flogged by that AH with the dirt bike than i got flogged again by that Frenchie on ebay with the ETEC computer which he got to keep the computer and his money, long story short its a loophole in the ebay/paypal system and the scam is done quiet regularly as I'm told

If you are a buyer on Ebay and purchase goods that are sent by a NON proof of delivery method the Paypal system is open to abuse by the buyer. The moment a seller confirms they cannot provide proof of shipping there money from the sale and there item they sent is as good as gone.

You are a mug if you sell anything on Fleabay of any significant value without ensuring you stipulate in your listing it will only ship by a registered traceable method and if buyers don't like that idea and the marginal additional costs then they can GTFO.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Steeler i sent the Evinrude computer to the buyer i even covered extra shipping cost out of my pocket, the buyer claims wrong part opens a dispute, i get the chance to send the buyer $130 of my own money to pay for shipping back to me of the computer, What actually would i receive a pet rock? anything could be sent back

the buyer got to keep my $400 Evinrude computer and he got his $500+ back

as a seller i had nothing to stand on ebay and paypal were all for the buyer i was later advised i done the right thing in not pouring money money into the return because its a so called well known international scam and has been going for 9 years as part of the loophole in the ebay and paypal system, i was told to never send anything international of value unless its bank deposit

took me 9 years to be bitten by the scam and never again i have been a faithful ebayer for almost 20 years never encountered anything like this before

The way the scam works is a international buyer buyers a product it gets shipped over the buyer signs for it than claims to ebay wrong item, ebay than tells the seller to cover return cost the seller does so and the buyer returns a box with similar weigh of anything of no value and not the item that was sent the seller is than obligated to return the full buyers cost

for sellers there is nothing to cover you

how did you fracture your hand? were you in church doing the sign of the crusifix or were you winding a fish up to hard? perhaps feeding the chickens? now we need to know as this injury can impact on every fisherman in australia and we need to prevent this kind of incident that can impact on a favourite pastime.

Just a bad fall mate. It was very unlucky. Dislocated 3 metacarpals and fractured the 5th one ..