Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MARINER 15Hp Fuel Issue

Re: MARINER 15Hp Fuel Issue

All those clip on fuel fittings are prone to failure unless genuine parts are used, they cost around twice the price, but last and work 10 times better than the after market ones.

Agreed.............
    What could go wrong.......................

i particularly like the grey mercury hose. it's very flexible and doesn't go stiff with age!

Hey mate it looked like brown muck. Not sure what it was. It sits in a shed for long periods without use. Will keep an eye on it. Cant believe it starts first pull now. Like the day it was new 👍

So what did you end up doing?
    What could go wrong.......................

That is generally the case mate old age and the hose going soft

IMO there is a limited market for aftermarket parts a lot of it is really shit compared to genuine parts, i recently bought a ebay impeller from China the fins were soft towards the outer edge i than bought a genuine mercury impeller it was stiffer than Hue Heffner

Unfortunately it's just fact of life, we all internet shop to find the cheapest price, and if it turns out to be rubbish, then we buy the genuine part, making the cheap copy expensive in the long run, I buy only from my local boat shop, and motor parts are always genuine, some cheap copy stuff is OK, but not motor bits and pieces (in my opinion)

The old saying "the poor man pays twice" applies unfortunately.

Indeed that is the case i am always sucked in by the cheaper price just because genuine parts can cost 3x the amount

stiffer than hue heffner ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    So what did you end up doing?
    I just blew it out with the compressor mate. I have some genuine mercury hose on another tank that i might use to replace. Its the grey mariner hose. Ill just keep an eye on it 👍