Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charging Batteries

Re: Charging Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    Jeez, victron must have upped their game. When I was in IT a lifetime ago we used victron ups’s, and they had an unbelievable failrate. I used to call them Victron grenades - I thought we would send them under with warranty claims.
    Different Victron. We are talking Victron Energy (not Victron UPS).

No, it was Victron Energy, used to make ups’s and other power products. Same logo and everything.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have 5 solar chargers hooked up atm, i started hooking one up to my ride on mower as it went through batteries often like the boat but i put that down to being cheap bat, but i was shocked after 4 yrs still a ggood bat now my land cruiser ute 2 ride ons and tracter all on super cheap sca solar chargers $34 ea and not a faulty one yet in fact i have a 7 year old batt on a ride on mower 20 hp and it's testing 12.2.

what's the wattage of the panels , and are they regulated?

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    No, it was Victron Energy, used to make ups’s and other power products. Same logo and everything.

I promise you mate, they have never made UPS's, I have been using their gear for nearly 30 years now and in that time they have never sold a UPS. Their inverter chargers have a UPS mode, but that would be a roll your own solution.

Mate. I was engineering director for an IT hardware/software company running/selling Unix servers. We sold hundreds of these things. Micro 106, micro 110 and micro 120. Also sold SolaBasic for bigger installs. Had generator integration and waveform synchronisation as well, these little upss were only good for 10-15 minutes before controlled shutdown or generator start/sync. You could add external batteries but we seldom did in those days when ebusiness was in infancy. If the site had no power no one was accessing the server anyways.

Example: https://images.app.goo.gl/qn6dHxRJn8wkyh2F6

( hope that worked otherwise cutty pasty)