Thread: Rainbow 23/24

Rainbow 23/24

Finally got the time to wet the boat again out from Rainbow beach. We left Tin Can ramp mid morning Saturday to find fairly flat seas once over the bar, not much was happening in close so we made our way to the 11mile picking up a few bits and pieces here and there we were slowly picking up a feed. Around 530pm things went quite except for sharks after they seemed to be on every spot we decided to head into Double Island for a sleep. Next morning we woke early and tried the close ground again picking up some nice sweetlip before heading in before the wind picked up we were back on the trailer heading for home by 9am.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	118938Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	118939

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rainbow 23/24

Thats a nice mixed bag there.
    Well done,
    Tony

Nice bag of fillets there. Never run from tin can , is the bar much of an issues to get through?

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Nice bag of fillets there. Never run from tin can , is the bar much of an issues to get through?

BigE
    The bar can be a challenge because it is so long and has a bend in it. I usually cross what the locals call fisherman’s gutter it can be a bit unpredictable at times but it’s only a few hundred meters to cross compared to a few K’s through the bar.

BigE
    Hey Big E, I crossed the bar at Inskip last year for the first time. We did a couple of trips and found the bar pretty easy to navigate. I’d prefer it to South Passage bar as it’s much deeper. It is longer but it’s definitely worth a try. I left from Inskip point ramp, it’s more driving in the car but puts you in pretty much right next to the bar.

what size boat can you launch at inskip?

would a big glassy be doable?

what size boat can you launch at inskip?

would a big glassy be doable?
    The closest ramp to Inskip point is the Bullock point ramp it was upgraded last year with a pontoon. I think it can be a bit shallow from the ramp to the channel.