Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
I've never owned a glass boat but have been around a few ……. each & every I've owned has been pressed or plate . As someone who fishes solo more often than not & loves doing the long haul road trips (5000kms) / island camping A glass boat is not a viable option. Bumps , scrapes & scratches are part & parcel of how I use a boat …… sometimes you just don't have the option of sitting the boat on soft sand

I have to agree with the comment that an alloy boat probably has a shelf life but as long as the boat is washed out thoroughly / maintained - it can be decades.

Chris
They certainly have their place Chris - no one material is going to suit everyone's use. My old tinnie had corrosion break out in some strange places - one in the middle of a thwart seat and one in the foredeck -both in the middle of nowhere and both in places that were certainly given a good wash down at days end. The only way I ever seemed to be able to stop it was to drill it out. It was almost like an impurity in the metal that had finally got enough moisture to start reacting.