Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sharkcat 18ft Fuel Economy

Re: Sharkcat 18ft Fuel Economy

Yes I've checked the hulls and there's no water in there. I also have an auto bilge pump in each hull that very rarely pumps a small amount of water out. The self draining scupper/flap at the back sits just above the water line so when anchored and waves coming to stern a small amount of water enters the deck.
    the boat was originally built to survey for TAS CSIRO and I have heard this this may mean more glass was used in the build which may make her slightly heavier than others, but I;m not sure if this is true?

Contrary to popular belief, I don't think there was any extra glass used to comply with survey requirements, but there was a lot of "stuff" that was different, things like inspection ports, bulkheads, some had flowcoat under the floor (depending on the state) and the way fuel tanks were fitted and so on.

Rebuilt my 560 fairly heavy. It was survey aswell and I wasn’t impressed what I saw below the deck.
    Survey doesn’t really add any extra weight as Noel said.

My 560 was podded and rebuilt with extra cross members using heavy layup and epoxy resin. Add in 450l of fuel and it have performance I stated above. I highly doubt your boat would be heavier.

What pitch prop you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

That's a lot of fuel mate and good performance too. I may be missing something here but all I see on the props is "viper" so not sure of pitch??

Look on the hub. Sometimes its stamped near where nut will be seated. Sometimes there is a part number that can be referenced as well.