Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advise on 950 hours on 2012 evinrude e tec

Re: Advise on 950 hours on 2012 evinrude e tec

Sorry Steve Villani

Don't be sorry, honestly I'm just getting the buttered popcorn ready and selling down for some entertainment

Continue

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Smile, It confuses people

The secret is beer Steve

any way back on track . where are we in regard to 950 hours, any further thinking

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    The secret is beer Steve

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    any way back on track . where are we in regard to 950 hours, any further thinking
    I haven't gone back to see him yet.
    Once I get some history on it and a download done I will let you know.

I was on the Evinrude web site the other day and i think from memory they give u warranty good for 750 hours there was a annoying add right in the middle of the page so hard to see the fine print in the back ground

if guys are thinking your engine is a use, blow up than throw away basically your warranty is the life of the engine.

Who is saying the life of a engine is 750 hours, no one

Etec ten year warranty when bought under certain conditions will last ten years or up to 750 hours, the warranty that is
    The average boat does well under 100 hours per year

If not bought under the requirements it’s a five year warranty as per telwaters 2019 press release

Very few engines blow up
    Most die from corrosion or a external part failing and being too cost prohibitive to repair

My 03 Ficht Ram is nearly at 800 hours after 16 years of service. I wouldn't be too concerned about 950 on a motor half the age. If it was going to have premature catastrophic failure then it would have done it by now. It is as reliable as any seven year old second hand motor. If it looks good, has a service history and is priced accordingly, then buy it. All Evinrude questions should be directed to Downes Marine, Qld's Evinrude Guru.

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    My 03 Ficht Ram is nearly at 800 hours after 16 years of service. I wouldn't be too concerned about 950 on a motor half the age. If it was going to have premature catastrophic failure then it would have done it by now. It is as reliable as any seven year old second hand motor. If it looks good, has a service history and is priced accordingly, then buy it. All Evinrude questions should be directed to Downes Marine, Qld's Evinrude Guru.
    That's what I was told by someone else.
    If it hasn't failed by 950 hours , then it most likely won't.

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    And to think we went wide off Fraser without a single rebuild!!!!!!

Hi Guys,
    Interesting read - spanner in the works here, I am looking at buying a set of second hand Oars is there anything I should be aware of - seller said they have been revarnished he's estimated around 200hrs of use. Keep the pop corn coming

What it all amounts to is quite simple, there is no set hours where a motor just blows up or wears out, some will go for thousands of hours, some will die in less than fifty, there is no magic number, typically with rec use, an outboard will never wear out, something else will kill it long before then, corrosion, an oil fault (both 2 and 4 stroke) a dud water pump or just neglect will see it as scrap metal long before it wears out.

Just to clear something up, outboard motors are what I was referring to of course, aircraft are a completely different kettle of fish as far as maintenance goes.

without a receipt from a machine shop to say they were machined properly id walk away