Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advise on 950 hours on 2012 evinrude e tec

Re: Advise on 950 hours on 2012 evinrude e tec

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    A major overhaul is a service and all manufacturers require one at some point in the outboards life otherwise why would people buy a new outboard if one was not designed to be rebuilt technically they would last hundreds of years...

prove me wrong and show me an outboard that is designed to never be rebuilt? never to wear out and never need a overhaul...
    Ok what and when is a major overhaul on a 60 2 stroke merc ? No such thing mate a service is a service and they don’t get a major overhaul, what would they do . You have no idea obviously by these and your previous comments . A thousand hours is NOTHING ain the life of a motor . Get some knowledge go and work in a engine building shop or go and talk to a marine mechanic, I’ll call you for an bush mechanic , give it a break and go back to getting one of your projects done . Take care on the water . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

You are supposed to replace the head gasket after 10 years. Not exactly a re-build and I already pointed this out to gazza.

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    disagreeing with the back flipping horse shit you say to people who are looking to spend their hard earned money is trolling ?

and no they havnt as its never economically viable to rebuild a engine something you havnt worked out yet
    a proper rebuild not some dodgy bore and re ring is always going to cost more then just buying one in a running condition

I wrote more but ain’t worth the effort.
    Just block me
    So you'll go buy a running second hand engine that could blow up after 5 hours than spend that money on a rebuild yet u call what i say horse shit i call what you say uneconomical, mechanics don't thrive on servicing engines they make there money on rebuilding them

do you even read what others write or just selectively pick pieces out jof what i say ust cause you have to reply?

yes i would buy a used well maintained older outboard over a engine that needed a rebuild, ie dont buy others peoples piles of shit
    yes a running outboard will be more expensive, but some people have sense,self control and can wait that extra half a year or longer to save up and buy something running

2 strokes die because an ancillary part of the engine failed, and most of the time that can be caught by maintenance
    a rebuild a proper rebuild at a machine shop with new ancillaries will cost more then buying something running

for all your faffing around you would have a running engine on that boat already

Time for a group hug here! we all have differing views on everything, what I might do is considered lunacy by others and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Ok what and when is a major overhaul on a 60 2 stroke merc ? No such thing mate a service is a service and they don’t get a major overhaul, what would they do . You have no idea obviously by these and your previous comments . A thousand hours is NOTHING ain the life of a motor . Get some knowledge go and work in a engine building shop or go and talk to a marine mechanic, I’ll call you for an bush mechanic , give it a break and go back to getting one of your projects done . Take care on the water . Matt
    Matt I know nothing but here is a very small portion of my jobs, your off ya chops mate

Another one Matt shall i stop? i think so, Don't ever underestimate the uneducated kid i had no choice but i have kicked some goals in life

Great mate all I see is broken crap laying around a dirty bench . Certainly not the environment I want to see my engine being rebuilt in , all you proven is your a crap collector.
    Stick with it buddy you’ll get there I hope it all works out for you . matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Great mate all I see is broken crap laying around a dirty bench . Certainly not the environment I want to see my engine being rebuilt in , all you proven is your a crap collector.
    Stick with it buddy you’ll get there I hope it all works out for you . matt
    Good one champ, Enginesdo contain oil mate if u haven't realized yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Good one champ, Enginesdo contain oil mate if u haven't realized yet?
    No seriously you just posted a series of photos of half pulled down engine/s.Give my 6 and 9 year olds access to my rattle gun and they can do that. You need well ordered series of photos from strip down to rebuild if you want to prove anything.

Matt

Is one a Seadoo engine?

You a bunch of comedians, that was the engine reassembled and that was the pictures of the new crank going into a bike but u guys have no clue about engines or u would have noticed the crankshaft puller on the crankshaft lol

Sorry guys, I didn't want to start an argument.
    thinking I am sorry I asked.

Sent from my [device_name] using Ausfish mobile app
    Smile, It confuses people

Quote Originally Posted by Steve villani View Post

I reckon!
    No wonder not many do nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by Steve villani View Post

Nah, keep posting, lots of "debates" go south now and then, just read everything and try to sift the good from the bad.