Thread: Mullet

Mullet

I am not much of a fisherman, and when I try, I either get nothing or an eal ...
    However on occasions I wake up to a splashing noise and the times I bothered checking, the river is boiling with fish jumping out of the water. It is massive and it goes on for hundreds of meters both ways. i was told they are mullet. Can one get this things on a hook or should I try a net? I have never seen them during the day, mostly they seem to come at night when there is full moon. It is rather creepy.
    They sell mullet in the fish shop so they must be edible.

Blog Entries

Re: Mullet

Quote Originally Posted by Marco1 View Post
    I am not much of a fisherman, and when I try, I either get nothing or an eal ...
    However on occasions I wake up to a splashing noise and the times I bothered checking, the river is boiling with fish jumping out of the water. It is massive and it goes on for hundreds of meters both ways. i was told they are mullet. Can one get this things on a hook or should I try a net? I have never seen them during the day, mostly they seem to come at night when there is full moon. It is rather creepy.
    They sell mullet in the fish shop so they must be edible.
    Cast net is the go if they are in range

Make sure you check size and bag limits in your state before keeping any. There are plenty of different species so make sure you correctly identify

Good luck and let us know how you go