Howdy all. so we received our first Raymarine Element units yesterday, and been playing a fair bit with them since "waiting for this crazy heat and wind to die to to get on the water with one however"
interesting things, i was a bit curious how it would play out being a non touch screen in this day and age when raymarine first announced the Element unit. i had been told after this that feedback they had was Touch wasnt a high priority for their target market and that the physical keys work rather efficiently.and i can say that they do. it is super fast to navigate around with the physical keys

the unit is chunky.. not Humminbird chunky.. but around the same size as an elite ti2 from lowrance however about half the thickness of an axiom 7. only 2 cables coming out of the back do reduce the clutter

the light house sport operating system is as you would expect just a cut down faster version of lighthouse 3 and seems to work rather well.

Hypervision 1.2mghz does look super crisp! actually sonar on all fronts so far looks very impressive. the screen resolution is sharp and bright too. i wasnt expecting massive things from the screen, but it is by far the best quality screen in the entry level field.

i made a few little quick videos of my short time so far with the element.

Moose