Thread: Crab Pots

Crab Pots

Your name and particulers eg Name ., Adress , Phone both on float and on the base of the pot itself , Coerrect?/.
    Doesnt matter where on the pot does it ??..

Re: Crab Pots

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Your name and particulers eg Name ., Adress , Phone both on float and on the base of the pot itself , Coerrect?/.
    Doesnt matter where on the pot does it ??..
    I don’t think it matters as long as it can be read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some guys carved their details into the posts for the pots and they were confiscated because the inspector did not see them, so I would opt for a tag that stands out.
    Jack.

What posts? NSW pot marking laws changed recently, no address needed now.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Some guys carved their details into the posts for the pots and they were confiscated because the inspector did not see them, so I would opt for a tag that stands out.
    I just browsed the rules and it states the tag must be attached to the rope if it is attached to a fixed object.

I guess you need to check each states rules. In qld you only need your name on the float or tag if attached to a fixed object (tree. Jetty)but name address on the et itself. Qld got is looking at changing the rules on the weight of pots and eliminate all those cheap ones made from thin rings, this will help eliminate a large percentage of ghost (or supposedly stolen)pots. They should go further and include a weight at least 1m below the float so that will reduce the number of lines cut by passing boats.

It was QLD law I looked at.

In qld you must have, Name on the Float, Or the end of the rope attaching it to an object (ie a tree Rock ETC)
    Then you must have name and address on the pot itself that is visible.

Tag??, I have name n particulars as mentioned above on float.
    And a tag with same particulars written on it cabletied to pot.
    My question was if their was a specific area to attatch to pot or anywhere on pot good enough.

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

I think anywhere on the pot will be fine, mine are all on the top to stop them getting damaged if the pot is sitting on a rock or something. See them as soon as you pull the pot up as well.

Have mine cabletied to bottom . Wouldnt have worried so much about it but way regs are going i thought best make sure . Shift it up top of Pot might be better ..

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

If the proposed Qld crab pot rules come in on July 1st. you'll also have to supply your DNA, hair follicle, name of dog, wife's maiden name and your photograph!

We're slowly but surely losing the battle up here with the Greens and Labor!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinkPanther View Post
    If the proposed Qld crab pot rules come in on July 1st. you'll also have to supply your DNA, hair follicle, name of dog, wife's maiden name and your photograph!

We're slowly but surely losing the battle up here with the Greens and Labor!
    Where's up here ??.. At the point of cheaper to buy your crabs than catch but yep takes the fun out of it ey lol..